side exhaust kit for 1995 mustang

george143

Reaction score
any one know where i can get the svo or roush side exhaust side skirt moldings for my 1995 mustang for cheap? also looking for side exhaust mufflers for cheap just the mufflers i can custom make my own pipes. the moldings can be beat up nothing too crazy but it dont have to be perfect either i can do body work...also any color im repainting the car after i do the cobra conversion. OOOORRRRRRRRR on the flip side i can ditch the whole side exhaust idea and run them out the back and call it a day...

94 DropTop

Reaction score
Id just run it out the back. The odds of you finding a good deal on one is slim.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
simply put no, they have not been made for years. Last I saw CDC even quit making the regular ones. I got mine off of a guy on ebay that would do a few sets a year, but they are not svo. They are the same style but lacking the letters. If it were that important to me I have a decal cutter and could make one for me or you if you want, I already have the svo logo.

Took me a couple of years to put all the pieces together and another year after that to get them painted and installed. They are CERTAINLY not the cheapest nor the easiest to get all together, just the sexiest IMO. I was happy to match mine with some dynomax mufflers that are supposed to flow the best out of the side-exhaust but again it took some time.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
ttocs is right they can be found but it takes awhile. I bought a dynomax side exhaust kit off a member from here last summer and shortly after found a set of SVO side skirts on craigslist by using search tempest. ttocs where did get the info that the dynomax was the best flowing out of the other side exhaust kits, just wondering.

014-8.jpg

002-51.jpg

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I had that SVO/Borla set-up. Ended up dumping my exhaust. Sounds unbelievable!! I loved the looks of side exits, just not as much as I loved the sound of dumps.

OP
OP
G

george143

Reaction score
honestly, i dont care if they svo or not i just need the style...as long as they are made for side exit exhuast they can be any brand...just so long as they fit my 95 =]

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought abc quit making them some time ago.

Not sure where I read the flow charts at but there was one up once and all I can remember thinking was that I scored the one rated #1

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
well thats good to know, at least I know I got a good flowing exhaust system

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Dynomax has been one of the best flowing exhaust out there for a couple years, without making a extremely loud db.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Works for me. Cant wait to see how it sounds w/ the long tubes on them

OP
OP
G

george143

Reaction score
wooohooo i got the side pipe covers down...all i need now are the mufflers and tips and im good to go...or even the whole exhaust syten any one wanna let me know where to get that too? everywhere i search is a dead end

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
george143 said:
wooohooo i got the side pipe covers down...all i need now are the mufflers and tips and im good to go...or even the whole exhaust syten any one wanna let me know where to get that too? everywhere i search is a dead end

The tips is the hardest part to find honestly. I have seen a link where people modified the ends of a dual 45 out to fit but you need to trim the panel and cut/weld the tips.

OP
OP
G

george143

Reaction score
i dont care as much about the tips as i do the mufflers and everything else..i can find or make the tips some other time its just the exhaust system itself that i need

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
don't forget after you get it all together, then you get to pay the painter. I paid $600 to have mine painted and installed, another joy in the side exhaust world.

The kits come up here/there from time to time. I got mine on ebay years ago, you just have to be at the right place at the right time and have the money. The kits are heavily saught after and are not for sale long. I get more compliments on it then anything else on the car at the moment so between that and the sound I am happy I did it all, it just took about 2-3 yrs to do it all...

OP
OP
G

george143

Reaction score
yea you are right i found a set of white side skirts with exhaust and all for like 200 bucks...but didnt have the money on hand..but on another not some people say that side exhaust looks great and all but its not worth spending all this time and money over =/ at the end of the day there just sidepipes. this is why its so hard to decide between side exhaust or cobra style exhaust ( you know the under axle exhaust) idk i got some thinking and some sniffing around to do

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
ttocs said:
don't forget after you get it all together, then you get to pay the painter. I paid $600 to have mine painted and installed, another joy in the side exhaust world.

The kits come up here/there from time to time. I got mine on ebay years ago, you just have to be at the right place at the right time and have the money. The kits are heavily saught after and are not for sale long. I get more compliments on it then anything else on the car at the moment so between that and the sound I am happy I did it all, it just took about 2-3 yrs to do it all...

How did the shop install yours? I have a friend that is doing mine hes a body shop manger, he said he would have to take a look at it before deciding the best way to mount the skirts

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online