Side exhaust pros and cons

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
I really like the look of the side Exhaust on our cars.. Tell me the good and the bads of having it!!! Also who makes a good non exspensive kit??

Willis

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
also, there are 2 kits on ebya right now that are going pretty cheap...they use the SVO side skirts and borla exhasut system..

OP
OP
Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
Well i like loud!!!! I dont care for the borla so i might just try to find some side skirts for cheep for now..

Willis

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Suspect said:
not always, kinda why i got rid of mine.
they are pretty loud if you are right beside the car. :hammer:

IMO, just run dumps, its cheaper. ;D

OP
OP
Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
Yea i am fixing to get the dumps put on my car as soon as i can get it over to my buddies shop... He has a lift and can weld.. I think mine is gonna be loud as hell!!!

Willis

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
"Angiestars" on here has side exhaust and runs flowmaster 40s...that is the setup i would do if i did side exhaust, but it prolly doesn't flow all that well.

Suspect

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
Suspect said:
not always, kinda why i got rid of mine.
they are pretty loud if you are right beside the car. :hammer:

IMO, just run dumps, its cheaper. ;D

mine werent. they must have been broke. :rollinglaugh:

was cool one time tho.. sitting next to a honda at a light and he revs on me. i look over and rev the crap outta of it and it sprayed dirt all over his car. leaf blowers. ;D it was too funny.

OP
OP
Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
Ill just stick to dumps..... I just need to get me some money so i can get my Spintech's!!!!!!

Willis

OP
OP
Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
Ah i see.. Which Spintechs did u have??? I dont really care for the side exhaust that sticks under the side skirts..

Willis

Suspect

Reaction score
dunno. just the spintech side exit kit. i paid like 400 buxs for them. didnt stay on the car long. ordered a bassani catback soon after.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
WEll you have an o/r pipe. Which means all the fumes will exit at your door :puke: instead of the back of your car. ;] GL with having the window down lol. :slap:

Peter

Reaction score
*behind the door. It would smell less then running dumps I'll tell you that much.

I think side exit exhaust with the SVO skirts is pretty damn unique, although rather quiet with the borlas that come with the kit you can fab up your own side exit using whatever mufflers you want and just a 45* or 90* bend.

I say get the skits and buy the tip then make you own exhaust, it will be louder then all the other side exit kits and will have your own sound to it.

oh one other downside is the lower ground clearence.

Chet

Reaction score
clearance is a downside... I have the Roush sideskirts, custom Xpipe, and Flowmaster 40's. Its loud at idle, but not too loud. :)

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I had it on one of my old cars - it sounded okay and looked really neat but the fumes gave me a headache.

lrall

Reaction score
side exhaust kicks ass looks wise, but flow wise it sucks. I think the way to do it would be to get SVO side skirts and have a exhast shop make an exhaust that doesnt do the 180* thing. Im assuming that would work? clearance would be a bitch buuuut itd be soo :pimp2: Ive always wondered, in the undertray of sn95's is there like an indentation for 'spot' for the mufflers?? if that makes any sense

S

scarface

SVO side skirts look great on yalls body style...I wanted them bad when I had my 97.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online