side exhaust question

87_gt

Reaction score
i am interested in the borla side exit with the svo skirts. my question is can i mount the exhaust with my stock skirts still on, or do i need the svo skirts on for mounting reasons. thanks

fixthedoor

Reaction score
I haven't dealt with a side exhaust system, but I can't imagine them designing the system so that it is fastened to the side skirts. I think it's more of an aesthetics thing than anything else. I've seen several stangs with a side exhaust and stock skirts, they look like they're from nascar.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have just the exhaust on my 99 Cobra (bought it with it on there) and I hate it :mad:. If the side skirts where with it, mabye it wouldnt be that bad, but it will be off very soon. It looks tacky to me, and sounds like shit. Oh yea its the borla kit too. :rant:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
I think it looks great with the sideskirts, any other company besides borla make it?

yea with the skirts its ok, but the dick head that put it on my car did it without the skirts and it looks like SHIT, and it dont sound too hot either. :slap:

wiplash

Reaction score
Looks like you take the stock skirts off

on%20the%20car.jpg

95whitevenom

Reaction score
Spintech make a good set-up its not that expensive and does not require changing the side skirts.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
wiplash said:
Looks like you take the stock skirts off

on%20the%20car.jpg

that looks good, but without the skirts with pipes there and nothing else.............. :rice:

94blackGT

Reaction score
I have the side exit on my 94 GT, LOOKS SWEET!! It uses the skirts. Not recommended if your car is lowered though. I scrap my 4x4 on certain driveways. I am using Dynomax Ultra Flo mufflers, sounds great at Idle and when opened up it SCREAMS!! Haven't heard any bad comments on it, people seem to like it. :drunk:

STNG_96

Reaction score
I actually have seen a company on ebay that unitlizes the front few piece of a magnapack system ,and makes a side kit off of it. I thought it looked really good.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Purple1995Pony said:
95whitevenom said:
Spintech make a good set-up its not that expensive and does not require changing the side skirts.

and it sounds a lot nicer than the borla system..... the borla only looks good with the SVO skirts on .... m y wife's vert has the borla/svo system

I hated the sound of the Borlas that were on my cobra when I first got it, plus it being right at my ear made it that much worse. :mad:

badass98svt

Reaction score
i want side exhaust soooooo bad. who wants to sell me their kit?

badass98svt

Reaction score
i just want the exhaust. not the sideskirts. i already have xenon sideskirts. with the right tips i think it would look nice if i modified my skirts

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online