SilverSol's Build Thread (PICS! 56k NO WAY!!)

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
01 MOTOR SWAP INTO MY 98 GT
Alright so I finally picked up the new motor. Here are the progress pics so far.

The first night. We let the snow melt off the car and hoped most of the water was gone by morning so we weren't working in puddles.

PICT0603.jpg

Here's the 01 motor. It must've sat for awhile cause it's pretty nasty lookin':
PICT0607.jpg

PICT0602.jpg

PICT0645.jpg

PICT0651.jpg

The old NPI:
PICT0604.jpg

PICT0605.jpg

Cleaning & Swapping parts took some time:
PICT0654.jpg

PICT0657.jpg

PICT0655.jpg

PICT0644.jpg

PICT0658.jpg

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you should get the upgraded PI intake...it looks to me like you got an early 01 windsor motor.

97blackgt

Reaction score
that engine looks ratty...are u gonna rip it apart before u put it in?

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Whoa dude i didnt know that you were doing a swap!? :D

No wonder you havent been posting much lately lol. Where did you get the motor from and how much did you pay? :dunno:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
what color is your car? i always thought it was black, but the engine bay leads me to believe its is DFG. ???

valve covers look awesome :dancing6:

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
I agree that it definitely must be DFG and i always thought it was black as well hmph lol.

I like dem valve covers too! O0

ck5.0

Reaction score
His old engine blew up, that is the main reason for the swap.

Wickedz

Reaction score
Hey guys its wickedz, yeah the guy who is still around and yet to be banned O0. Anyway I am back in action pulling another engine. I am helping silversol with this whole process as you can see me in all the pics. The process was all hell for us, because we needed this, then that. I did manage to get evereything ready for pull on his NPI motor other then the 2 motor mounts, and the 2 TOP 13mm tranny bolts. I even tryed to pull the EGR away to get in behind there easier. I doused the bolts in PB blaster to help.

The new motor was crazy NASTY when we picked it up. Silversol did a nice job cleaning up all teh parts, but you should have seen the INCH thick nasty stuff on the valve covers :dunno:. He didnt want to break lose the intake because of the one time bolts or something like that, BUT at this point from teh before and after pics, im sure hes more happy now :banana:. The pictures suck, you need to see it in person.

Aaron best of luck to having Wojey finish her up for you. sorry I had to leave and go back to work. Im pissed I had to leave with only having 4 bolts left till I got to rip out the old POS. Let us all know how it all goes. You need to come down for a visit.

Wickedz

Reaction score
also we found out the new 01 motor dont have spark plug wires like his 98. Everythings controled through the main wire harness, which is awsome because its cleaner looking. O0

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
damn man your going to be leaving us NONPI stangers in the dust when your done :D Grats dude im happy for you. :thumb:

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
looks fun! that motor was pretty trashy looking but you made it look good.. hopefully it works out for you as planned.. good luck in your build, ill keep watching!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cool man.

Hey those covers look good -wink wink-

Lot's of cleaning and it will look fine.
Good luck with it!

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
97blackgt said:
that engine looks ratty...are u gonna rip it apart before u put it in?

yeah it was pretty nasty. i'm sure it sat for quite awhile. i was expecting to pick up a clean shiny motor but oh well. anyway yeah i tore it apart and cleaned the crap out of it. it looks like a completely different motor now.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
FIVELITERS said:
Whoa dude i didnt know that you were doing a swap!? :D

No wonder you havent been posting much lately lol. Where did you get the motor from and how much did you pay? :dunno:

yeah that's why i haven't been on a whole lot. i got the motor from a salvage yard for $1160 out the door. motor has 17k miles on it.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
what color is your car? i always thought it was black, but the engine bay leads me to believe its is DFG. ???

valve covers look awesome :dancing6:

FIVELITERS said:
I agree that it definitely must be DFG and i always thought it was black as well hmph lol.

I like dem valve covers too! O0

yes my car is DFG. and thanks for the compliments on the valve covers guys! ;D

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Cool man.

Hey those covers look good -wink wink-

Lot's of cleaning and it will look fine.
Good luck with it!

thanks Dal! i did alittle more cleaning last night. did some painting too. i'll get some more pics up for you guys.

hardontires

Reaction score
we'll just have to burn 165 in your car since mine is going to be parked for atleast the next 3 months or sold.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online