SilverSol's Build Thread (PICS! 56k NO WAY!!)

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
SilverSol said:
yes i'm leaving NPI behind me. FINALLY!! :dancing6: :dancing6:
Congradulations! Isn't it about time!
you'll be very happy with it once it's back on the road. :)

hardontires

Reaction score
SilverSol said:
hardontires said:
we'll just have to burn 165 in your car since mine is going to be parked for atleast the next 3 months or sold.

Did you find someone interested in your car? Where are the dyno shops down there?

i guess todd (works at lake transmission) knows some one who might be interested so hopefully that goes well. im driving up there and staying up for good on friday and just busting ass trying to find a job before the next car payment. as for dyno shops down here...i guess theres one right around mt. clemens where i work called Alternative Auto Performance. right down the road from where i work now that i look at the directions to the place. we could dyno your car, pick up 4 hookers and an 8 ball on the way to my shop and turn some donuts in one of the plant parking lots, we take up the whole block.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So are you switching to the COPS and ditching the plug wires and coil packs? You will need the ECU if so i believe...you also need to swap your fuel rails on the pi intake.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
So are you switching to the COPS and ditching the plug wires and coil packs? You will need the ECU if so i believe...you also need to swap your fuel rails on the pi intake.

i am keeping the COPS that is already on the pi motor. Will my 98 ecu work? this pi motor didn't come with an ecu.....

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
hardontires said:
SilverSol said:
hardontires said:
we'll just have to burn 165 in your car since mine is going to be parked for atleast the next 3 months or sold.

Did you find someone interested in your car? Where are the dyno shops down there?

i guess todd (works at lake transmission) knows some one who might be interested so hopefully that goes well. im driving up there and staying up for good on friday and just busting ass trying to find a job before the next car payment. as for dyno shops down here...i guess theres one right around mt. clemens where i work called Alternative Auto Performance. right down the road from where i work now that i look at the directions to the place. we could dyno your car, pick up 4 hookers and an 8 ball on the way to my shop and turn some donuts in one of the plant parking lots, we take up the whole block.

sounds like a good time joey!! ;D ;D

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
SilverSol said:
DropTopPony said:

i am keeping the COPS that is already on the pi motor. Will my 98 ecu work? this pi motor didn't come with an ecu.....
i would doubt it, sice the 98 ECU is designed to work with coil packs not the COPs. :dunno:

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
SilverSol said:
DropTopPony said:

i would doubt it, sice the 98 ECU is designed to work with coil packs not the COPs. :dunno:

that ^ is what i was afraid of. more things to hold me up. now i have to go find an ecu!!! :(

Wickedz

Reaction score
im sure the ECU for the 01 is capable of doing more for your car. In my car we have upgraded ECU CQJW which is the upgraded SR ECU which allows me to take my gov off @104 and allows me to go 150 easy ect. I dont know anything about the mustang ECU but im sure theres benfits for the 01. I would just replace it because we have the whole harness for the 01, all the COPS, everything we need. Why get the PI motor and go back to the origional 98 coil packs and plug wires. Just think about it Aaron, like we both agreed on, it makes the bay look much cleaner which is what we were going for along with the extra 40 horses with the PI upgrade. Thats just my .02 O0

Wickedz

Reaction score
also in reguards to my last reply, that 01 motor is already tuned and ran for the 01 ecu and whatnot. Dont retard it throwing in another ECU to save money because in the end your going to find m ore problems and whatnot im sure. thats just our luck and you know it :google2:

ripper

Reaction score
Wow i hope im wrong here but........ The motor with the pic of the flywheel is your new motor? That is def a nonpi motor it has 6 bolts. PI has 8.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Stevo said:
Wow i hope im wrong here but........ The motor with the pic of the flywheel is your new motor? That is def a nonpi motor it has 6 bolts. PI has 8.
Winsdor motors have 6, its a PI motor.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
Stevo said:
Winsdor motors have 6, its a PI motor.

DFG is right. It is a PI motor. Still trying to find an ECU. All I can find on ebay are ecu's for 3.8's!?!? :dunno:

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
So i just got off the phone with my mechanic. He said the best thing to do for now is to make the 01 motor work with my car. meaning use my ecu, plug wires and coil packs and wiring harness. because the 01 ecu may interfere with my anti-theft, and possibly the guages. he said he's not sure what is different between the 2 ecu's in terms of how they control things (guages,anti theft,etc.). I'm just hoping that i don't rob the motor of any power using my ecu. :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online