SilverSol's Build Thread (PICS! 56k NO WAY!!)

S

scarface

you will be fine using the 98 ecu. You way want a tune, just to raise the rev limiter.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Wickedz said:
also in reguards to my last reply, that 01 motor is already tuned and ran for the 01 ecu and whatnot. Dont retard it throwing in another ECU to save money because in the end your going to find m ore problems and whatnot im sure. thats just our luck and you know it :google2:

no not necassarily because if you do the PI h/c/i swap you use the sn95 ecu.
Another thing my mechanic said was that the COPS are very prone to overheating. The biggest reason ford replaced the coil packs and wires was weight and a cleaner looking engine bay.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
you will be fine using the 98 ecu. You way want a tune, just to raise the rev limiter.

thanks Dave! I was actually kinda worried for a sec but then i realized that there is no ecu swap when you do a pi h/c/i swap. a dyno tune is planned for (hopefully) May.
So I'm gonna just use the 98 wiring harness, plug wires, coil packs and ecu. I'll invest in the 01 ECU when I can find one, just to make the engine bay look neater and lose the 3 or 4lbs from the coil packs and wires..... :)

ripper

Reaction score
Cool silver im glad i was wrong bud. This time :hammer:

ripper

Reaction score
When i put my pi in i didnt have to change anything but the intake and flywheel. Everything else swapped over. Its a Romeo engine though so maybe theres a difference.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Stevo said:
When i put my pi in i didnt have to change anything but the intake and flywheel. Everything else swapped over. Its a Romeo engine though so maybe theres a difference.

Did you use the COPS or your wires and coilpacks? Did you use your alternator? Cause mine mounts alittle different than the 01.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
SilverSol said:
So i just got off the phone with my mechanic. He said the best thing to do for now is to make the 01 motor work with my car. meaning use my ecu, plug wires and coil packs and wiring harness. because the 01 ecu may interfere with my anti-theft, and possibly the guages. he said he's not sure what is different between the 2 ecu's in terms of how they control things (guages,anti theft,etc.). I'm just hoping that i don't rob the motor of any power using my ecu. :dunno:
with the 01, you can switch over to digital gauges...but i have heard swithcing the harnesses isn't wrth it. :dunno:

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
SilverSol said:
So i just got off the phone with my mechanic. He said the best thing to do for now is to make the 01 motor work with my car. meaning use my ecu, plug wires and coil packs and wiring harness. because the 01 ecu may interfere with my anti-theft, and possibly the guages. he said he's not sure what is different between the 2 ecu's in terms of how they control things (guages,anti theft,etc.). I'm just hoping that i don't rob the motor of any power using my ecu. :dunno:
with the 01, you can switch over to digital gauges...but i have heard swithcing the harnesses isn't wrth it. :dunno:

i'm just gonna use the 98 harness for now. just to get my car on the road. in the next couple months or as sonn as i find an ecu then i'll switch things over (maybe)

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
hey aaron looks like things are coming together lol are you having fun doing the swap?? how about more engine pics :D i bet you cant wait to get vicious back on the road

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
hey aaron looks like things are coming together lol are you having fun doing the swap?? how about more engine pics :D i bet you cant wait to get vicious back on the road

things are coming together pretty good. i SHOULD have everything together this weekend. i'll get more engine pics up tommorrow. I CANNOT WAIT TO GET VICIOUS ON THE ROAD AND EATIN' RICE.....lol
Thanks Trav.

Wickedz

Reaction score
SilverSol said:
tRaV_19 said:

things are coming together pretty good. i SHOULD have everything together this weekend. i'll get more engine pics up tommorrow. I CANNOT WAIT TO GET VICIOUS ON THE ROAD AND EATIN' RICE.....lol
Thanks Trav.

eattin rice lol. I sure hope your not talking about me because im all stock now no kit or rims or ANYTHING.

Wickedz

Reaction score
I will race you with my new Supra when I sign the papers :dancing6: should I go automatic single turbo or manual single turbo and of course year 93+

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
Wickedz said:
I will race you with my new Supra when I sign the papers :dancing6: should I go automatic single turbo or manual single turbo and of course year 93+

:nonono: :gtfo: :rice:

Wickedz

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
Wickedz said:

:nonono: :gtfo: :rice:

hey now hater whats the deal?

BTW Aaron where are the new pics? Did Wojey say he could finish what we didnt? Also did you try to get those bolts out that I couldnt? I dont know im getting impatient to see how this turns out :noes:

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
lol i just like messing around no hate....not yet anyways if it gets loaded with stickers black wheels and a 3 foot wing i will start the flaming though lol

Wickedz

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
lol i just like messing around no hate....not yet anyways if it gets loaded with stickers black wheels and a 3 foot wing i will start the flaming though lol

supras = fricken huge wing oh well but at least it has the balls to back it up right. No no stickers coming my way just that lovely sound of the exhaust and the death gripping feeling as your strapped to the front seat :drunk:

Im getting excited to see the new pics aaron. Did you clean up the block yet because I think it needs it. well I guess I will keep checking in

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
Wickedz said:
tRaV_19 said:

supras = fricken huge wing oh well but at least it has the balls to back it up right. No no stickers coming my way just that lovely sound of the exhaust and the death gripping feeling as your strapped to the front seat :drunk:

Im getting excited to see the new pics aaron. Did you clean up the block yet because I think it needs it. well I guess I will keep checking in

your not going to put some 5" fart can on it are you?? i have seen stock supra wings there not tooo bad...i was meaning like a double stack or one of those metal adjustiable ones :rollinglaugh: i just laugh we have some tuners around here mostly civics and they have noo taste at all

Wickedz

Reaction score
no no I wasngt planning on going any crazy route. I have been eyeballing a few for sale and figureing out how long it would take if I like slammed on the princible to pay it off. My lats car I modded I ended up selling everything off it just to make it by. This time If I get the supra I will take my modding money and put it all on my balance. Stock psi and whatnot will be good for a daily driver and also a nice race line up for mr silversol for fun cuz thats what we do :dancing6:.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online