simple gear question, where to buy

monkeydude3

Reaction score
I'm gonna be ordering the ring and pinion gears tonight for our 94 GT. They are about $180 from americanmuscle.com for the ford racing ones.... is there anywhere else I can get these for a better price or is this my best bet?

I'm gonna eventually order the trak lock rebuild kit, the rear end bearing install kit, and then axles... but as my wallet allows. Gotta start piecing together the project soon.

Thanks!!!!

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
what gear? 3.73's are $170 at summit and they will match any price. So if you find them cheaper(same name brand) they will match it.

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
yeah 3.73... summit has ford racing 3.73s? I can never find just the ring and pinion there... hmm let me look again, considering i've ordered tons of stuff from summit thus far

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
What would that equate to in the 1/4?

So far... on our 94 we have a K&N drop in with silencer removed, and full exhaust.

I'm gonna do 3.73s.. rebuild posi, upgrade axles, maybe get a diff. cover with supports, and then drag radials. Then I'm going to do a short throw shifter and bump the timing with 91 octane.

What should that put us at? We are a vert... assuming all goes as planned this may come together by early next year sometime.

I'm hoping solid 14s??? am I way off base?

Thanks

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
I used to have a 97 GT and that had 3.27s, i liked those better than 2.73... can't wait for 3.73

Thanks for the input...

who put your gears in?

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
Yea I may do mine with the help of a friend who is a ford tech and my neighbor, or i may take it in I'm not sure... gotta piece together all the parts first.

BTW how strong is the ford trak lock? I don't think I nee dto upgrade the posi yet, I just will buy a rebuild kit for the stock one, and I want to get upgraded axles though. Would this setup work good if I get drag radials?

once again I appreciate your time! :)

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
Okay... how about your axles? I heard somewhere that stock ones are weak.

If I put in the 3.73s with a full rebuild kit of the limited slip, and then all bearings/seals... and if I were to put stickier tires on, what would break first, or do I not make enough power yet to worry about that?

Thanks!

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
No real need for sticker tires just learn to drive better. I use street tires because its a street car that sees alot of track time. The weakest link always breaks so I would rather it be the tires. Plus I'm to fast for the cage rule (sometimes).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.