Single turbo 1998 gt

Stock982v

Reaction score
Alright guys , as requested by a few people many times (cough) Frank , I'm starting my build thread , I have a 1998 mustang gt 4spd 119k miles paid $1500 for it , it is a salvage title I knew what I had planned for the car and that's all I could afford at the age 16 , I needed a car to get to work and high school , Any ways my plan for the car is , On3 single turbo , I have ordered my Qa1 tubular k member , it will be here very soon , I will take pictures for you guys , The plan is to get tubular a arms and coilovers next not brand specific , Walbro 255lph pump , 47lb injectors and Afr , boost and water temp gauge , I know I missed something , This will be a daily car so I won't be making much HP out of the tired motor , I will keep you guys updated. Project Turbonpi out!!

Lanter

Reaction score
Yesssss!!! Another turbo guy. Looking forward to keeping tabs on this build.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Tired motor?!? That thing is still full of life. Thats a young modular. Good luck on the project and take lots of pictures for us.

OP
OP
S

Stock982v

Reaction score
Tired motor?!? That thing is still full of life. Thats a young modular. Good luck on the project and take lots of pictures for us.

I'm surprised people noticed the thread that quick , but it will be weeks in between updates , so stay tuned

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
what are your goals? Or just something fun to hit the streets with?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Im wanting to do a single turbo setup as well. Not an all out hp king, just for giggles. So ill be watching this one. Hey, 97stanger has alot of great knowledge on this stuff. He be da man to consult for questions. We all here have great knowledge and the best part,.....its on demand! So ask questions when you need to. We're here to help.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Once I finish building my NPI block I have I'm gonna throw my Vortech up for sale and turbo the new engine. Let us know if you have any questions, I've gone down the turbo route before and its not bad at all. I would recommend going with 60lb injectors and just getting it out of the way. The 98 cars have a unique style fuel pump hat and bucket so be aware of that when you get your 255 ordered they are a all self contained unit.

OP
OP
S

Stock982v

Reaction score
Once I finish building my NPI block I have I'm gonna throw my Vortech up for sale and turbo the new engine. Let us know if you have any questions, I've gone down the turbo route before and its not bad at all. I would recommend going with 60lb injectors and just getting it out of the way. The 98 cars have a unique style fuel pump hat and bucket so be aware of that when you get your 255 ordered they are a all self contained unit.

I heard from other people on the forums that 47lb injectors would do? Im just gonna be at 400ish hp

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I heard from other people on the forums that 47lb injectors would do? Im just gonna be at 400ish hp

Oh for sure they will work, 60's will just give you room to grow is all. I have 43lbers currently at 400rwhp and they work great!

What do you mean self contained system?

As in the pump is contained in a sealed bucket. 94 all the way to 97 had just a fuel pump hat and you can buy the regular walbro 255's for them. With ours you buy the bucket and everything as one piece. There is a way to take apart the bucket and modify it to replace just the fuel pump but I went with just buying the entire aftermarket unit.

OP
OP
S

Stock982v

Reaction score
Oh for sure they will work, 60's will just give you room to grow is all. I have 43lbers currently at 400rwhp and they work great!

As in the pump is contained in a sealed bucket. 94 all the way to 97 had just a fuel pump hat and you can buy the regular walbro 255's for them. With ours you buy the bucket and everything as one piece. There is a way to take apart the bucket and modify it to replace just the fuel pump but I went with just buying the entire aftermarket unit.

Could you help me and give me a link to a complete 255lph pump?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online