Single turbo 1998 gt

OP
OP
S

Stock982v

Reaction score
Yea if i dont blow the motor by summer it will definitely be turbo before this summer , just want some power now! Couldn't wait any longer...

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
if you are serious about going turbo in the summer, why even waste the time/money on long tubes?

OP
OP
S

Stock982v

Reaction score
The other day I purchased a 5.4 short block I'm going to lightning swap my car , The block looks good , the crank I'll have to get sent the the machine shop to make sure , its a 8 bolt crankshaft which is forged right? Came with 3v heads which I have no use for. Paid $100 for all of that , found a good deal on 6 rods and 6 pistons , the rods are 4340 forged H beam eagle rods and The pistons are Diamond -11.5 dish .20 bore got them for $175 shipped , good deal? The 6 rods and pistons also came with ARP 2000 rod bolts. The next thing I'm looking to do is buy the rest of the rotating assembly and next the supercharger and its components , waiting on heads and cam so I can get some custom ground ones for my application. Any tips or suggestions , thinking about trying to start a YouTube channel up maybe.

OP
OP
S

Stock982v

Reaction score
a>

Reaction score
The other day I purchased a 5.4 short block I'm going to lightning swap my car , The block looks good , the crank I'll have to get sent the the machine shop to make sure , its a 8 bolt crankshaft which is forged right? Came with 3v heads which I have no use for. Paid $100 for all of that , found a good deal on 6 rods and 6 pistons , the rods are 4340 forged H beam eagle rods and The pistons are Diamond -11.5 dish .20 bore got them for $175 shipped , good deal? The 6 rods and pistons also came with ARP 2000 rod bolts. The next thing I'm looking to do is buy the rest of the rotating assembly and next the supercharger and its components , waiting on heads and cam so I can get some custom ground ones for my application. Any tips or suggestions , thinking about trying to start a YouTube channel up maybe.

Yo...gimme those 3v heads

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
So are you still planning on going turbo? or what's your plan with this new setup?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online