Single turbo setup on 96 gt?

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
Dalamar said:
just my 3 cents. ;)

yep, tuning alone will cost at least $500, a fuel pump is atleast $100, injectors $250, plus the tubular stuff and coilovers is by itself over $1000...and that doesnt even include anything for the turbo...

but i have seen someone build a turbo kit on an 02GT with th stock k-member, but the design was seriously bad, he had the pipes running under the bottom of the k-member like 1/2 inch from the ground...

i said 1000 to BUILD YOUR OWN SETUP, thats not factoring in upgraded fuel system and such. i said to build your own kit you can get the piping and turbo and get it all bent for under 1000. or right around.
no im not 12, i just dont care for nitrous. if you got it, then i dont care, but its not going on my car. its not dumb, alot of people say it actually. just there are more for nitrous these days then there are against. but thats why i said, its my opinion.

dal, i noticed today about the piping back. im having some exhaust problems with my pipe touching something and when i drive it rattles really loud... annoying, but yeah everyday im starting to lean more towards buyin a kit instead of building one bc with my luck, ill prolly have to spend way more then planned. i really just want to take my entire car apart, or just blow it up. its really bothering me right now... lol

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
i dont think nitrous is for babies..but i feel like when am i gonna use it?..like track only... would probably never use it on the road.....Im sure it would be sweet though.

jpajkos

Reaction score
People who think Nitrous is for babie = Ignorant

Cost of a Really good wet shot kit w/ purge, window switch, bottle whole 9 yards = 900 bucks

Cost of Nitrous install and tune= 500 bucks

Cost of a blower new= 3k mininum

Cost blower install and tune = 1000-1500 MIN.

Look on your face when I spray my 100 shot down the track and seeing you in my rear view = priceless

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
jpajkos said:
People who think Nitrous is for babie = Ignorant

Cost of a Really good wet shot kit w/ purge, window switch, bottle whole 9 yards = 900 bucks

Cost of Nitrous install and tune= 500 bucks

Cost of a blower new= 3k mininum

Cost blower install and tune = 1000-1500 MIN.

Look on your face when I spray my 100 shot down the track and seeing you in my rear view = priceless

actually im not ignorant.
like i said, its MY preference. you like your thing, i like mine. i don't like nitrous. but like i said before if you read, i said if you got it thats cool dont care, id just never put it on mine. its called personal preference moron not ignorance.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
i apologize for calling you a moron but i dont take kind to people calling me ignorant when i made it clear its my personal preference
hence the usage of the quotations meaning its a quote not a direct statement.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
ok. Please stop. I don't understand why people argue over the internet. No one is going to win or lose. People come here to have fun and learn new stuff. What makes this forum good is that there isn't all this crap going on. So PLEASE, tolerate other's opinions, or leave. Thank you.

I was going to say whom I agree with but then realized this will only escalate.

:-*

Pennywise2

Reaction score
my95gtstang said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
Dalamar said:
just my 3 cents. ;)

yep, tuning alone will cost at least $500, a fuel pump is atleast $100, injectors $250, plus the tubular stuff and coilovers is by itself over $1000...and that doesnt even include anything for the turbo...

but i have seen someone build a turbo kit on an 02GT with th stock k-member, but the design was seriously bad, he had the pipes running under the bottom of the k-member like 1/2 inch from the ground...

i said 1000 to BUILD YOUR OWN SETUP, thats not factoring in upgraded fuel system and such. i said to build your own kit you can get the piping and turbo and get it all bent for under 1000. or right around.
no im not 12, i just dont care for nitrous. if you got it, then i dont care, but its not going on my car. its not dumb, alot of people say it actually. just there are more for nitrous these days then there are against. but thats why i said, its my opinion.

dal, i noticed today about the piping back. im having some exhaust problems with my pipe touching something and when i drive it rattles really loud... annoying, but yeah everyday im starting to lean more towards buyin a kit instead of building one bc with my luck, ill prolly have to spend way more then planned. i really just want to take my entire car apart, or just blow it up. its really bothering me right now... lol
Peicing together a turbo setup can be quite difficult and frustrating.
If you never did peiced together a turbo kit part by part do yourself
a favor a purchase a complete turbo kit if you are going that route.
I know a bunch of people how had excellent results running nitrous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online