Sink hole at the vette museum

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
http://blog.caranddriver.com/nation...lows-eight-vettes-turns-hump-day-upside-down/

I use to go too school in bowling green. Its a boring town so anytime a buddy came down to visit we would go to the plant tour and the museum after. I ended up going so many times that one time I even ended up correcting the tour guide on a date she mixed up and I think it was on the same visit where we almost got kicked out of the museum so we could jump the velvet rope and take a pic next to the 1 millionth vette as if we were opening the door. We hardly touched the car, but they still asked us not to do that anymore and then had a guard watch us the rest of the time. Need too see if I can find that pic as that car was eaten....

ProKiller

Reaction score
that's just insane. wonder what this is going to cost. lets face it though, these cars can never be called all original now.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
They had some wicked one made concept vettes in there! Id hate to think that hole took them....

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that's just insane. wonder what this is going to cost. lets face it though, these cars can never be called all original now.

I have been there and to consider what it will take is just nuts. The building that is collapsing is a big spike I think for archatectual looking reasons, really makes an impact.. Well to get the cars out they would have to take it out completely. Then sure up any ground around it for a crane to try and lift the cars out IF they can. Then I know if the hole isn't too big they can sure it up. We have a lot of old coal mines subside here and they can do it if it isn't too bad. THEN they could build again.

we are considering taking up a collection for a donation for the cause. It would be nice to think that insurance will cover it but I know subsidence is NOT covered unless you have a specific policy for it and I can't imagine any of the cars insurance policies would cover it. Sure they are cheby people but they are also good old American muscle car people as well.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sorry, can't help it.

They just announced a new spelunking tour at the museum. Tour is free for anyone, parking free for any corvette owner.

I think it was just bad directions myself. It was obviously supposed to open a few hours east of there under the creationist museum to show them the truth they seek. Probably another problem with the apple mapping software.....

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I hear there is talks about the museum having a bargin basement blow out sale on some limited edition vettes. Buyers are supposed to bring, friends, shovels, a crane and a tow truck and car must be moved by the new owner 20 mins after signing the papers.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I guess you could say

2GiJAgil.jpg

into a sinkhole....

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
damn it will take a lot to bail them all out of that...
[video=youtube;W5FG9_mGWPo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5FG9_mGWPo[/video]

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks for the museum. I know that I'd shed some tears if any of my cars fell into a hole.

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
I have been there and to consider what it will take is just nuts. The building that is collapsing is a big spike I think for archatectual looking reasons, really makes an impact.. Well to get the cars out they would have to take it out completely. Then sure up any ground around it for a crane to try and lift the cars out IF they can. Then I know if the hole isn't too big they can sure it up. We have a lot of old coal mines subside here and they can do it if it isn't too bad. THEN they could build again.

we are considering taking up a collection for a donation for the cause. It would be nice to think that insurance will cover it but I know subsidence is NOT covered unless you have a specific policy for it and I can't imagine any of the cars insurance policies would cover it. Sure they are cheby people but they are also good old American muscle car people as well.

The sad thing is that geologically speaking, predicting sinkholes is not too difficult, and from I am hearing they had good reason to believe this was going to happen and did nothing.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Fortune cookie:

"You, round-eye, you museum get eaten by big hole! Lucky numbas: 2, 1, 8, 4, 3, 6, 5, 7."

Too bad it was too coded for anyone to connect he dots!!! :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online