sleepn_sn95's 98 GT - Project Wanna Be Autox'er

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
What's up guys? Im back in an sn95!

I was originally on the hunt for a Saleen or cobra but ran across this on Craigslist and couldn't pass it up. The body and interior are flawless with no rust or dings. There is a slight rattle in the engine I need to diagnose further however.

The car is a a Chrome Yellow 98 GT with -120k miles I picked up somewhat locally here in Indiana. The car is mostly stock except for:
Full Saleen kit
Saleen s351 wing
Bassani catted x
Bassani catback
Pro 5.0 Shifter
98 cobra wheels
Cobra style headlights/clear corners
Unknown rear lights

Still trying to figure out my plans for the car, I'll most likely go the Saleen clone route and get some paint matched Saleen wheels because I love that look. First things first I need to run to the local pull a part and grab some OEM tail lights. Here are a few pictures from after cleaning it up this morning. I still need to grab some of the interior and motor.

DSC_0760 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr
DSC_0757 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr
DSC_0754 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr
DSC_0746 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Welcome back! What a great looking car. I love Chrome yellow.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Beautifully done car. Now just drop that beast!!! Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The previous owner said they were. I'll probably pull the front bumper some time this week to fix the sag and see if they are authentic Saleen parts

Thanks man. Definitely needs dropped and wheels soon

The sag should signal that they are oem Saleen :)

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
what wheels are you thinking of putting on the saleen rep kyle?

Probably just regular Saleen replicas painted chrome yellow

Oh and nice pick up! That is a nice car to start with.

Thanks. Im excited for it!

Alright 2v experts. Ive got a video of it at cold start and after its warmed up for a few minutes. I had a 95 for 7 years so I know nothing about 2v's. My first guess though is timing chains or tensioners. It sounds like a chain and from my understanding the tensioners use oil pressure? When driving I hear no noise except when off the throttle to shift. The car runs fine otherwise and pulls hard.
[video=youtube;EN-JPm5THuw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN-JPm5THuw[/video]
[video=youtube;BHxcUMsQvZ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHxcUMsQvZ8[/video]

Reaction score
lol, thats right youre going from a pushrod to a modular hahaha. youre in a world of :rage: now hahahah

are you asking about that tick sound in the first vid?

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Friday evening I picked up some OEM 96-98 tails off CL so yesterdays project was getting them painted and installed. I painted the bezels satin black, but being impatient while waiting for it to dry I decided to throw on my old gloss black bezels. I kinda dig the look so Im not sure which ones Ill go with in the end. Either way it looks 1000x times better than what was on there before.

DSC_0820 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr
DSC_0829 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr
DSC_0834 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Well last night I made an offer on some r50 cobra r wheels on eBay so they should be heading my way soon. I got them for a decent price and it will give me the chance to see how I like the yellow on the car. They are to just hold me over until I can get some legit saleens, CCW's, HRE in the future.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Man, you gotta get the weight off the outside of the rim. Get them re-balanced with the stick on weights on the inside, much cleaner look.

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Man, you gotta get the weight off the outside of the rim. Get them re-balanced with the stick on weights on the inside, much cleaner look.

Thats the plan.

They are coming without tires anyways so I'll be cleaning them up, touching up the paint chips and removing the weights

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online