Slicks or et street tires

c3pbro

Reaction score
Hello SN95 community. I have just finished putting my car together after 6 years between deployments and just life in general. I'm going to start taking it to the track but I don't want to mess up my nice wheels so I was going to use the stock wheels. I'm just not sure what size slicks to go with, they are the stock 17" wheels and I was thinking about the Mickey Thompson et street radials. Does anyone have any experience with these or what size I should be shooting for? I'm not pushing much power, I have a 98 motor with the PI swap, underdrive pulleys and CAI with a bama tune.

kb1982

Reaction score
Go with a full slick. If you read up on MT's website, they even recommend that. Even better will be bias ply slicks. If you have to have a street radial type tire, look up the M&H Racemaster. Ive read several post on them being quite a bit better with manuals over the MT's. http://www.mandhtires.com/M-H-Drag-Radials#.VanpEPlVgSU I still havent got my car to the track yet, but my car with a ballpark number say of around 500 hp with MT 275/50/r15 et streets, it just spins on the street.

justinp95

Reaction score
I have 315/35r17 Toyo TQ Drag radials and they seem pretty sticky. I wanna say they were like $170 each?

Dub Jones

Reaction score
Good to know on this. I'd like to pic up a pair before I hit the track

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.