slight "thumping" sound at low speeds...

CCM Power

Reaction score
I rotate my tires every 5,000 miles on my 96 GT. Tires are in good shape too. I just did them the other day and now I seem to have a slight "thumping" sound when Im driving at lower speeds. Higher speeds I definitely dont hear it. Any ideas on this one??

Gtnut1996

Reaction score
Is the sound coming from the front or back? What kind of tires are they? Did they feel out of balance before you rotated them? Or did the people who balance them say that one or more were out of balance? Run your hands across the tire and see if you can feel a hump in the tire. If so the belt is split. :drunk:

OP
OP
C

CCM Power

Reaction score
I have the BF Goodrich 245/45 ZR17's on. I've had them for a few years now and the tread is still in great shape cuz I rotate them every 5,000 miles. Everything felt fine before I did the rotation. Then after I did it I felt that "thumping" and it sound like it was right under my feet. I decided to rotate the tires back to where they were and I drove it to work today. Its fine again. No thumping at all. So I know the tires are good as far as the balancing is concerned. Im just thinking maybe its because of the treadwear until they wear down just a little more. That seems kind of weird but Im not sure what else it could be at this point. They are the rotational tires so they have to stay on the same side of the car when I rotate them. Like I said,right now the drive is smooth since I put them back where they were before. :-\

OP
OP
C

CCM Power

Reaction score
Very strange. Im going to rotate them again to where they should be now and see what happens again.

OP
OP
C

CCM Power

Reaction score
Its just strange though because I keep up on my tires and have never had something as goofy as this happen before. I guess I'll try it one more time and see what happens.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online