Slotted or Cross Drilled or both?

Yellow4.6

Reaction score
I'm looking into a new brake setup and was wondering which is the best for my setup.

The Cross Drilled or Slotted rotor's? I don't road race or anything like that and i'm really not hard on the brakes, but i've always liked the CD/slotted look.

It's time i do something cause my stock brakes just look lost behind my 18" wheels. I'm really leaning towards the Ford 10th Anniv Cobra brake kit.

If anyone has any pics or input please help me.

Thanks
Justin

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Where can you get a 10th annniv. kit with drilled and slotted rotors?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have heard that slotted rotors are hard on the pads b/c they shave the pads to keep them fresh. I am leaning towards just cross drilled because they still cool faster and help release the break gas from between the pad and rotor.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
I have heard that slotted rotors are hard on the pads b/c they shave the pads to keep them fresh. I am leaning towards just cross drilled because they still cool faster and help release the break gas from between the pad and rotor.

yep,go with C/D rotors,slotted can still warp fast,and shorted pad life.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Neither. Crossdrilled crack a lot quicker, slots are totally useless, because modern street pads gas out just fine, and both of that takes away from surface area that pad comes in contact with, lowering your pad grip and therefore increasing stopping distance. Plain rotors are cheaper, and work better with regular pads.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
CD's from 15 years ago crack,and cheapo's will too....but if you buy a good set that's camphered,they will out perform and last longer than a stock rotor any day. Modern pads and rotors are fine for typical cars,but on severe duty breaking they will fade and warp quicker than any quality CD. The surface area loss on a cd rotor is nominal,and the benefits of cooling along with deposit venting help prevent warping,glazing,and brake fade. Brembo and Bear have done tons of research and testing on this subject,along with Car and Driver.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
cross drilled and slotted.

there's always too much hype about the drilled rotors cracking.
think about it, new high end cars come with them.

I have the Baer rotors. they're zinc washed and they just look good.
I'll get a pic up when I get back home, Im out of tonw right now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online