Slow 95 Teal Build

teal5oh

Reaction score
My Dad got the mustang back in September of 2013, looking like this. There was a tear in the top from someone breaking into it, and the seats were completely torn up. But, nonetheless, we were the third owners and the car had 140,000 miles on it. Man I hated those wheels...

OP
OP
teal5oh

teal5oh

Reaction score
Before bringing it home, my Dad had the front seats reupholstered and had a new top put on. Soon after we bought the mach 1 chin spoiler and the rocker stripe, and of course gave her a good wash.

OP
OP
teal5oh

teal5oh

Reaction score
About a month later, we finally found some 99-01 cobras at a good price. Although they were pretty rough at the start, I think polishing helped quite a bit...

Before:

During:

After:

OP
OP
teal5oh

teal5oh

Reaction score
After doing these cosmetic things, I started thinking about other mods. The first thing I thought about was the exhaust. I wanted that classic growl, so I started out researching and ended up with the SLP Loudmouth 2 mufflers, which I am still extremely happy with. After getting the mufflers in late January of 2015, I ordered the BBK off-road x-pipe in early April and had it put on. I am in love with the exhaust note and have gotten compliments from several people about it.

The mufflers

The x-pipe

OP
OP
teal5oh

teal5oh

Reaction score
In May I ordered one of my favorite things that I have on the car, the s281 rear wing. It came white, and my dad had it paint matched to teal :grin:

OP
OP
teal5oh

teal5oh

Reaction score
In June I ordered the coyote 5.0 fender emblem to replace the stock gt emblem. It's a minor detail that I think really makes the car pop (my dad had the idea of covering the original red dot between the five and zero with some leftover vinyl from the rocker panel, to help match the car better).

Before:

After:

OP
OP
teal5oh

teal5oh

Reaction score
In August, I decided that I didn't really like the halo headlights too much and they made the car look very "ricer-like," along with that fact that they were a complete b**** to install and they didn't fit properly, so I decided to order the chrome cobra style headlights. I was extremely satisfied with the new headlights.

OP
OP
teal5oh

teal5oh

Reaction score
Christmas was good. Got some SLP Exhaust tips, white face glow gauges, LED reverse lights, and LED license plate lights. And of course a mustang calendar;)

And to top all of that off.... I got the camera I've been wanting! The Nikon D3200! The picture quality is great.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The D3200 is a great starter camera! You'll love it. And the SLP tips have always been my favorite on our cars, solid choice.

OP
OP
teal5oh

teal5oh

Reaction score
Yesterday, my Dad and I installed the gauges, LED lights, and the exhaust tips. Not too keen on how the exhaust tips are angled, but I think we're going to try and fabricate something to make them more centered and closer to the bumper.

Before the LED's:

After the LED's:

The gauge overlays:

And finally, the new exhaust tips:

I still have a lot to learn with this new camera...

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Tips don't look too bad at all. You should do yourself a favor and mark where those tips are on the pipes and cut the pipe a little before the mark. That way when you look in the tip, you don't see the inside pipe all the way out. It might change the tone a little bit too.

I also have to say, I LOVE the black & white interior. It looks sooo clean!

OP
OP
teal5oh

teal5oh

Reaction score
Tips don't look too bad at all. You should do yourself a favor and mark where those tips are on the pipes and cut the pipe a little before the mark. That way when you look in the tip, you don't see the inside pipe all the way out. It might change the tone a little bit too.

I also have to say, I LOVE the black & white interior. It looks sooo clean!

I was thinking about cutting the pipes as well because I hate looking in and seeing them. Thank you for the compliment about the interior! It's definitely one of my favorite things about the car. It sure is hard to keep clean though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online