SLP LM

rage602

Reaction score
When I purchased My '94 GT it had SLP LM's on it, it sounded absolutely terrible! it was the first thing i removed, i switched the pipes that go over the axle (L/R), and put 40 series Flowmasters on it, it was the BEST mod I have made as of yet, the SLP's backfire, cackkle and just sounds like straight shit

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Really? I mean on the 2000 ws6 i got, it sounds REALLY good, and it only does a little popping when its cold.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
It's all opinion. I however prefer my car to sound like a mix between a racecar and a muscle car and at the same time not sound like everybody else. Rage602 was probably on an offroad midpipe which is understandable as it is unbelievably loud but I think it is badass.

Suspect

Reaction score
rage602 said:
When I purchased My '94 GT it had SLP LM's on it, it sounded absolutely terrible! it was the first thing i removed, i switched the pipes that go over the axle (L/R), and put 40 series Flowmasters on it, it was the BEST mod I have made as of yet, the SLP's backfire, cackkle and just sounds like straight shit

ive heard the same thing.

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
The off road pipe makes it a little too loud for my tastes but other then that it has a good sound from that video.

91paxmustang

I agree every one has different tastes, i like the sound of the slp, and have many people say how much they like how it sounds. I have a custom x-pipe with high flow magnaflow cats to the slp catback. I originally had the 40 series flowmasters on and didnt like them at all. The exterior noise was loudest around 2000 rpms. It wasnt quite loud enough for me. I also have a 91 with flowmasters and it sounds great. Heres a clip of the slp.94 mustang gt, slp exhaust, 3.73 gears. 1st and 2nd gear burnout
heres flomasters to a stock 5.0. steves 89 GT burnout

GRECS121

Reaction score
I got SLP LM2s on mine along with a mac o/r h and FRPP Shorties and i love the sound compared to my bassanis. Ill try to borrow my sister camera so i can get a sound clip up for ya.

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
GRECS121 said:
I got SLP LM2s on mine along with a mac o/r h and FRPP Shorties and i love the sound compared to my bassanis. Ill try to borrow my sister camera so i can get a sound clip up for ya.

Id appreciate it, just a idle and rev if you could and if you could do it goign through gears on the road that be even better!

hipo50mustang

Reaction score
I just put on BBK Shorties and i already had a BBK o/r H, I pick up the SLP LM today and hope fully will put on on monday (weekend trip to my sisters this weekend :drunk:) , I ran it with just the shorties and the o/r H and LOVED it! :dancing6: but I will let you know and see if I can get a clip on when I get back for my trip this weekend. But I love loud and annoying. some people say that is sounds like a redneck pickup truck with glasspacks, well, i just traded in my redneck pickup truck with glasspacks and i miss the sound. ;D

281cammer

Reaction score
Never liked the sound of the SLP always TOO loud and nasty sounding for me. Especially with a o/r h or x!!

tommybunz

Reaction score
i love the SLP sound matter of fact does any of you guys have the mufflers you want to sell pm me.

S

scarface

tommybunz said:
i love the SLP sound matter of fact does any of you guys have the mufflers you want to sell pm me.
I will have some LM1s forsale pretty soon, probably next sunday.

hipo50mustang

Reaction score
well, i finally got mine installed and inspected (now PA emissions legal ;)) they sound great IMO!!! not too bad at around 2000 rpm, but when you get on it, it comes to life. power increase as well, but I dont know if that was from the headers, MSD cap/rotor and coil and new plugs and wires i did at the same time, but she has more get up and go, and sounds great, like I said, IMO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online