SLP OR PYPES M80

grimreaper_72

Reaction score
I have a 96 gt automatic with long tubes, no cats
o/r x pipe, going all the way out the back, which muffler would sound better, don't care about loud, just looking fir which sounds better, and also which SLP would you recommend thanks right now I have super 44 dumped

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No one can really tell you which one you will think sounds better.

Only you yourself can decide that. Just look up videos of similar setups and see which you like best.

I love my slp's but the next guy might not.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
No one can really tell you which one you will think sounds better.

Only you yourself can decide that. Just look up videos of similar setups and see which you like best.

I love my slp's but the next guy might not.

as he said it would be like telling you which pizza is your favorite. Sound is subjective and what logan(evilcw311) thinks sounds good to us sounds like transvestite hooker that is a little too excited(true story)

Cpotts13

Reaction score
I had pypes m80's. They were loud and raspy... I wouldn't get either to be honest.... Id get borla!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had pypes m80's. They were loud and raspy... I wouldn't get either to be honest.... Id get borla!

Like this, I think Borla's aren't deep enough and that my slp's are much deeper. But seeing as a mod motor won't be as deep as my pushrod then none of this is relevant as I previously said.

as he said it would be like telling you which pizza is your favorite. Sound is subjective and what logan(evilcw311) thinks sounds good to us sounds like transvestite hooker that is a little too excited(true story)

Scott is really good at making the sound that he just mentioned, ask me how I know!!! :)

07GtS197

Reaction score
I like the sound of the slps over m80s but m80s are stainless and 50 bucks a piece lol. The only thing I dont like about the m80s is that it changes the sound of the stang so much. The mustang has such a distinct sound and imo the m80s take away from that.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
M80's had an annoying tone IMO

Can't comment on SLP's but they were obnoxious on my friend's Mach 1 with an o/r X

I have Magnaflow Magnapacks on my '95 GT and its freakin loud too

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
If you are looking for a deep tone, you arent going to find it in a straight through glass pack type muffler. I had SLP lm1's on my car with an o/r x and it was stupid loud. With 3.73's on the interstate cruising at 80mph multiple people flipped me off every day because the car was so loud. Then i would get the occasional redneck that loved it.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
The MAC's sound great. Ive kind of become a Magnaflow groupie. I like the way the chambered magnaflows sound. It a quiet deep rumble that comes to life when in the throttle.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Another question is this system I have has steeda mufflers on it now anybody know how they sound?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No but here's something that might help:

[video=youtube_share;ThgmW7FxPlQ]http://youtu.be/ThgmW7FxPlQ[/video]

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
If you are looking for a deep tone, you arent going to find it in a straight through glass pack type muffler. I had SLP lm1's on my car with an o/r x and it was stupid loud. With 3.73's on the interstate cruising at 80mph multiple people flipped me off every day because the car was so loud. Then i would get the occasional redneck that loved it.

H pipe with LM1s > X pipe with LM1s...the compliments never stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online