Smog or better still no smog. :)

95-stang

Reaction score
I've read most of the smog pump delete threads, my pulley is on its way, just wondered what some of you have done to plug the heads and the pipe that runs to the exhaust?
I was thinking of welding the ends of the pipes up at the head and making a plug for the exhaust then clamping it [underneath].

FASTANG

Reaction score
I went to the hardware store and bought numerous threaded plugs,
kept the receipt and returned the ones that di not work. As for the pipe,
I just welded it shut.

Brian95GT

Reaction score
If I remember correctly there are bolts that go into the heads with holes in them. I took one of those bolts to a home depot and matched the thread width and size to a bolt with a good sized head on it. The bolts were about 1 inch in length - long enough to seal. I also put some RTV on them just in case.

With regards to the pipe that runs into the cats, I just cut the pipe with a sawzall. Then I took some silicone tubing and clamped it on. I then plugged the other side of the tubing with a good sized bolt, some RTV and a circle clamp.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i havent done it yet but i just bough some 2 part putty when you work it between your fingers it activates and hardens like a rock... i plan on cutting both pipes where they both start to turn down and cramming that stuff inside the tubes to harden

OP
OP

95-stang

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, some good ideas there. :)

Downshift

Reaction score
IM CHEAP HAHA. I tried to short belt it and ditch it but my belt always squeeked. Your gonna laugh, but I used a Penny and some Silicon Sealant to block one tube, and somehow managed to yank the one that went to my mid pipe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online