Smog pump leak & need help quick

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
my smog pump is leaking bad where the tube hits the back of the head. This is making the worst exhaust leak (clicking noise) ever. but my questions are 1. how does the smog pump work, does it take exhaust gasses from the Xpipe and bring them to the back of the head or reverse? 2. has any one had this problem (might be b/c of new heads with motor swap)? 3. my friend/ mechanic wants to cut off the tube that leads to the back of the head and block it off, will that work? or should i go with the delete kit? 4. finally will this absolutly end the chances of me passing emisions? THANKS!

Stangbangin

Reaction score
to answer you finally I'd get the smog pump elim. kit.. block off all the lines going to a from the pump with whatever. and run the belt as usual and yea you probably won't be able to pass emissions. but thats ok

OP
OP
S

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
Stangbangin said:
to answer you finally I'd get the smog pump elim. kit.. block off all the lines going to a from the pump with whatever. and run the belt as usual and yea you probably won't be able to pass emissions. but thats ok
haha this is my only car so it must pass emissions but i have changed the tube and saw it was not just a smog pump leak it was also a blown header gasket. thanks for the imput.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online

No members online now.