Smog pump modification?

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Alright Ill probaby just try gutting it I guess haha. Mine is siezed up anyway I have no Idea why its really weird. Thanks again.

Wayne

Reaction score
I'll have to go back and look how I done it, but I rerouted the vacuum control lines to make the pump exhaust through the by pass muffler after I kicked the cats out the air that was going into my heads made for a lot of popping in the exhaust when it was routed to the heads and made a whooshing noise when it was routed to the pipe that had been hooked to the cats. so I sit down with the shop manual and figured out how all that worked and made it exhaust all the time and plugged off the other vacuum lines. I plan to get a pump delete pulley kit but Just haven't done it yet.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Wayne said:
I'll have to go back and look how I done it, but I rerouted the vacuum control lines to make the pump exhaust through the by pass muffler after I kicked the cats out the air that was going into my heads made for a lot of popping in the exhaust when it was routed to the heads and made a whooshing noise when it was routed to the pipe that had been hooked to the cats. so I sit down with the shop manual and figured out how all that worked and made it exhaust all the time and plugged off the other vacuum lines. I plan to get a pump delete pulley kit but Just haven't done it yet.

LOL WOW. Never thought I would see this thread again. Man was I an idiot back then, so much learned in so little time haha. I ended up just throwing mine back on. Unless I wanted to spend money on the eliminator pulley, there was no belt it seemed that would not make my car die or squeal. Not only that I have to have it anyway for smog so didnt really want to spend money on the pulley. Mine does the whoosh sound too though. Oh well, live and learn.

Reaction score
Turd Ferguson said:
sounds like you are trying to ***** rig a blower...

don't bother... it'll look goofy as hell and people will call you names like "ricer"... cause thats something a ricer would do...

do this instead ---> http://www.kennebell.net/
OMFG that was far yet the funniest post I have seen in a very long time hahahahaha.
I'm sorry but thats killer funny!

BOS-94-003

Reaction score
Stupid question but how does having the smog pump keep your belt from sqealing? Is it just a tension issue with finding the right belt to delete it?

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
BOS-94-003 said:
Stupid question but how does having the smog pump keep your belt from sqealing? Is it just a tension issue with finding the right belt to delete it?

It was just a tension issue. But with the pulleys I have and the belts available it wasn't happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99