Smog

98stang6

Reaction score
I just got my stang smogged about twenty minutes ago and passed. Not a big surprise but the guy was being a dick and bitching about not having CARB #'s for my CAI and how im missing the little black air restrictor piece that goes into the fender (from the air box on a factory intake). what makes a car fail smog? besides offroad pipes?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
in california you have to have a CARB # on your intake....but pretty much elsewhere in the US you dont have to.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
not burning off the fuel emissions enough is what will fail you i guess. You guys have it rough in cali with that insane visual inspection...NJ adopted the same smog/emission standards as Cali but thankfully not the super stringent visual where they will actually check CAI's etc.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
not burning off the fuel emissions enough is what will fail you i guess. You guys have it rough in cali with that insane visual inspection...NJ adopted the same smog/emission standards as Cali but thankfully not the super stringent visual where they will actually check CAI's etc.

I dont see how you can mod your car at all with BS like that going on over in Cali :nonono:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
DropTopPony said:

I dont see how you can mod your car at all with BS like that going on over in Cali :nonono:

Cali boys have it harder for sure, tough to find cams that will pass and finding parts that are CARB certified can be a bitch...If i lived in Cali i would buy a Saleen or Roush that has alot of the stuff done aleady and is legal. Most Superchargers are Carb legal also so you can still make it fast.

OP
OP

98stang6

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
he was bitching about the air silencer being taken off???????

yeah. he was like.. where is the uhh ..its uhh a little black pipe thing about yay long etc etc...
i knew exactly what he was talking about.. i just said i still had it..
then he proceeded to explain/ bitch to me about how they're really gunna stert bucKLin down onn that stufff.
...but uh... you still passed...
thanks. got sideways leaving the place (its rainin!!) ^-^

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
98stang6 said:
Snakebit said:
he was bitching about the air silencer being taken off???????

yeah. he was like.. where is the uhh ..its uhh a little black pipe thing about yay long etc etc...
i knew exactly what he was talking about.. i just said i still had it..
then he proceeded to explain/ bitch to me about how they're really gunna stert bucKLin down onn that stufff.
...but uh... you still passed...
thanks. got sideways leaving the place (its rainin!!) ^-^

thats crazy, I have never heard of a shop being that anal about a inspection :mad:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
probably a state inspection facility not a shop. We have State run inspection here thats free or you can go to a authorised shop and pay.

Suspect

Reaction score
:eek:

omg if it gets that bad here ill turn my car into a race car.

Suspect

Reaction score
come to think of it i pass all the time. but i dont have that tube that goes down to the headers and i dont think i hooked up the one to the mid pipe. u think if it took all my smog stuff off id still pass? :dunno:

smokeybear

Reaction score
my stang goes for inspection in may. Im nervious about going. actualy I hate inspection. they always make a big stink over the dumbest shit.They failed a friends car for the factory wing.im afraid they will get me on rear window tint and my flows.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
smokeybear said:
my stang goes for inspection in may. Im nervious about going. actualy I hate inspection. they always make a big stink over the dumbest shit.They failed a friends car for the factory wing.im afraid they will get me on rear window tint and my flows.

Tint on the rear in NJ is legal and so is a catback/mufflers...unless they are too loud then they will measure the decibels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online