Smoke coming out of the dipstick

OP
OP
D

Demolisher

Reaction score
Ok well i bought the pcv valvle and im gonna put it on later and hopefully that cures the smoke :dancing6: but now im wondering cuz there is smoke coming out where u put the oil in the engine, like if u unscrew the oil cap smoke comes out plz tell me its the pcv and i dont need a rebuild :(

95-stang

Reaction score
Well to me it looks like a rebuild will be the end result. :(

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Have you installed the PCV yet or not?

Do you still have the hose that connects the oil filler neck to the air inlet tract connected?

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Well before you start freaking out that your motor needs a rebuild, I would do some basic maintenance.

It's been two weeks since you first posted this and you've not replaced the PCV yet. Once you get home from the parts store, it should take about five minutes.

OP
OP
D

Demolisher

Reaction score
ok so then i replace the pcv valve and what bout if it stills smoke then what? i need the rebuild?

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Go outside and replace the PCV. Today. Then post what happened and we can do further diagnosis as necessary.

tommybunz

Reaction score
stop porcrastinating and get ur ass to work. If that was me my stang comes before everyone and everything.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
tommybunz said:
stop porcrastinating and get ur ass to work. If that was me my stang comes before everyone and everything.
Amen Brotha....Preach On.....

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
It appears he would rather complain about it and speculate about needing a rebuild than do five minutes worth of work.

OP
OP
D

Demolisher

Reaction score
nah its cuz i dont no how to replace it im wating for my friend to come put it on if you all could help me on steps it will be greatly appriacted :help2:

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
take a flashlight add look at the back of the motor and just pull it out then off the tube and exchange. 5min is alot of time to do this even for my wife(although she helped me replace the last rearend)

OP
OP
D

Demolisher

Reaction score
ok well do right now lol hopefully this solves the probelm thanx guys O0 in the back of my car im gonna put a SN95FOURMS sticker lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online