Smoke while WOT

RICE ETR

Reaction score
Well I broke down and hammered the throttle since getting my 4.10s the other day.

As soon as I hit 6000+ rooms I get a smell of burnt oil and a little bit of smoke comes through the vents and quickly goes away.

I pop my hood and there is oil spilling from what looks like the intake manifold. If I drive normal or aggressive I get no smoke or smell but if I floor it in the upper rpms I get it immediately. No cel not rough idle, the car drives good.

20140523_163321_zpsswiytvkf.jpg

Last weekend I changed the coolant and oil. Tomorrow I'm going to replace the pvc valve and hope for the best, thoughts?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

toyman

Reaction score
I suspect the oil came from the dipstick tube. Make certain the screen below the PCV is replaced along with a new grommet. It's quite likely there is enough blow by at high rpms to pressurize the crankcase especially if the PCV screen is clogged.

RichV

Reaction score
Dipstick tube. My 94 does it all the time as well.

Although not as bad with my Canton pan. Definitely check the PCV and all connections. My motor is all relatively new and it still does this at RPM.

See, you get some gears and you start shooting oil out of the dipstick. The story of modding these cars! :)

Addermk2

Reaction score
Oil was probably coming from the dipstick, because of your pcv valve.

One of these days I'll get around to doing a PCV function write up... Maybe we can avoid silly threads like this.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RICE ETR

RICE ETR

Reaction score
Oil was probably coming from the dipstick, because of your pcv valve.

One of these days I'll get around to doing a PCV function write up... Maybe we can avoid silly threads like this.

If you read post four, it confirmed that and you could of avoided a silly post.

Addermk2

Reaction score
I made a silly post? You had to ask the forum why you were smoking. I was making a supporting statement to your conclusion, as well as informing you that I'll be creating a post that will mitigate the need for threads like this. However while YOU find it silly, someone else may read your thread... Find my post, and link to a source where they can get actual knowledge about the function of the PCV system.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online