SN-95 + Cleveland

Willautoy

Reaction score
I am in the process of removing the 5.0 and installing a 351c that I had built for another car I don't have anymore. Am I going to have hood clearance issues and what headers can I use? Any ideas would be great...This is going to be fun!!!

stang94X

Reaction score
i dont think you will have any hood clearance problems, the only clearance issue you might run into would be for the headers considering the cleveland motors are wider, i have never seen anything for cleveland headers for 94/95 stangs, so i think you might have to get a set custom made, but all in all when its done a cleveland motor in a sn95 is going to badass

Anrev

Reaction score
Your going to have oil pan issues too. Probably have to do customs on both. Cool idea though.

stang94X

Reaction score
all that is for a 351w, those will go right in, the thing is will there be clearance for headers because of the cleveland heads

G

GREG@SN95

stang94X said:
all that is for a 351w, those will go right in, the thing is will there be clearance for headers because of the cleveland heads
The mounts are the same between the windsor and cleveland. You may need to do some modification to the hood/fenders. the cleveland heads and top of the engine is a lot bigger than the windsor. Headers should be pretty easy to find, fitting them in the engine bay may be a little more challenging.

Now if you had a 351W... that would be better... or at least a 351 block and lower internals...

Most guys will tell ya that the lower end on the Clevelands suck...

Finding parts for a Windsor is easier, and the parts are cheaper... Where as Cleveland parts are difficult to find...

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
clevelands are damn good motors. parts may be a little more limited/expensive but its worth it. good luck with the project O0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.