SN95 5 Literacola

Peter Plowman

Reaction score
Well, I finally did it: I signed up on a forum to post progress, ask questions, and contribute to the community.

So I've had SN95 Mustangs since I purchased my first car (kind of a caveat but I didn't actually purchase my first functioning car until I was in the Navy back in 2008 - and my Mustang choice was very sensible :wink: an all black 1998 Mustang Cobra, AC deleted, cats removed, roll cage installed, in the South Carolina heat). I tinkered around on that car until a friend wanted it so badly he offered me a good sum of cash plus his 1995 Mustang convertible. I accepted the offer and thus the story begins.
back_zpsmljnlsfg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
If you're seeing the back view of the two cars the day of the trade, you know something I don't, but if you're seeing the P/500 error from photo bucket then you're in my same boat. . . it's 400 bucks a year to do that account enable. So until I get this figured out I'll just run down the list of things I have done to it.
Eibach Proline springs (the dark gray metal powder coated ones)
Strange single adjustable shocks
Steeda X2 Ball joints
Steeda bump steer kit
Urethane suspension kit from Prothane (I think, it's the one which doesn't supply the sleeves for the suspension mounts, which I wouldn't buy again)
Harmonic balancer (just a stock unit, the old one slipped the pulley)
A bunch of Dynomat
various tinkering around to rewire the emissions system because the guy had some shop install the 5.0, and the shop, in turn bent him over (this is speculation, but the nature of the gremlins I found leads me to believe this shop was full of bad apples); so I rewired the TAD/TAB/EGR and the cruise control in the fender (right and left respectively); I also rewired the stereo and put a new headlight switch and wiring harness in. I put LED lights in the dash and everywhere else except for the cigarette lighter light, otherwise the dash lights wouldn't dim.
It has BBK shorties; I think they're 1-5/8" but looking at the pipes in the flange I'd say there's some room for improvement.
Pypes off road 2.5" X-Pipe
Pypes Pype bomb exhaust
Mac CAI
The stereo is an el cheapo from Soundstream and I won't be getting one again, it does have Infinity Kappa 6x8 speakers all around, a kicker 800W/channel amp, and a Lanzar Heritage 12" Dual voice coil subs (4 ohm per). This thing used to have 2 subs in it which was dumb because even 1 in a sealed box (both of insufficient size) fits terribly. . . I'm going to fix it, sorry about the ranting.
This car was also originally a V6 rental from Hawaii with the red interior which got shipped to Texas (from there to Virginia, then South Carolina, then Montana, then Wisconsin, and now finally Los Alamos, NM). . . I changed the 7.5" to the 8.8" which I had rebuilt, and then about a year later had it rebuilt again because I suck. Also had the transmission programming changed and a few leaky parts as well.
Also the heater core blew out, then the radiator, and then the short hose on the T-stat housing (they've been fixed).
Wrapping it up:
I discovered what "in for a penny, in for a pound" means -
Trick Flow TW170 cylinder heads, 347 stroker kit (SCAT cast crank, 5.4 inch connecting rods, Autotec Trick Flow flat top pistons), GT40 style upper and lower intake, Innovate two channel O2 kit, 340LPH pump from TRE Performance, 36 lb-hr injectors from TRE Performance, an old laptop which I'll be using with the Moates Quarterhorse, a comp cams XE274HR camshaft, an AODE with a 2600 rpm stall torque converter, and my elevation is 7700 feet.
Also if you know how to post pictures on this forum please direct me, the link I tried with setting up a Photobucket account was a big middle finger at 400 dollars a year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online