Sn95 classic yet?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Judging by how many of them are run down and totally trashed, I doubt it. Foxbody is just now starting to become desirable again. I'd give SN95 another 19 years before it's considered classic.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Judging by how many of them are run down and totally trashed, I doubt it. Foxbody is just now starting to become desirable again. I'd give SN95 another 19 years before it's considered classic.

This

We all know there are some gems out there (mostly on this forum) but I don't think people are really starting to value them yet.

GTfiveoh

Reaction score
I know that cars can be imported into America after 25 years under some classic car law, I.E. The r32 skyline. So would any car older Thn 25 years be considered classic? The 94's would be 4 years out then under federal law technically.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
?
Odd question, but I would say no. I think they're pretty far away from being a classic.

Wikipedia definition:

A classic car is an older automobile; the exact definition varies around the world. The Classic Car Club of America maintains that a car must be between 30 and 49 years old to be a classic, while cars between 50 and 99 fall into a pre-antique class, and cars 100 years and older fall into the Antique Class.

More of a legal definition:

Legally, most states have time-based rules for the definition of "classic" for purposes such as antique vehicle registration; for example, Most states define it as "A motor vehicle, but not a reproduction thereof, manufactured at least 20 years prior to the current year which has been maintained in or restored to a condition which is substantially in conformity with manufacturer specifications and appearance."

Legally and for insurance some may start to include our cars as "classic".

I believe here I can get collector's insurance soon, I forget if its my age or the car's age (they're the same anyways) that currently prevents me from getting it.

GTfiveoh

Reaction score
^tbh I don't know if the sn's will ever be considered classics. Maybe to us mustang guys but as a whole sn's aren't sought after cars

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on the car. The SN cars are getting to be old, but does that mean they are desirable? Look at the Mustang IIs, they are old, and yea you see them here and there at car shows, but that's not a car that's looked at as a desirable classic just because its old. Personally Id love to find a 96-98 as my next Mustang to park next to the '03, but I doubt that even in 20 years a 94-98 Cobra will be bringing in the money of a '71 Hemi Cuda...

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^tbh I don't know if the sn's will ever be considered classics. Maybe to us mustang guys but as a whole sn's aren't sought after cars

I think they will be, but not as a stock classics. They do need a little help to be nice cars... or a lot.

I think they're already starting to pick up a little bit of popularity, mostly because of places like this. People can see how a SN can actually look nice.
I've had many people tell me they've hated SNs until they saw my car and it changed their mind, that's always a nice thing to hear.

The special editions will definitely be classic; termi, cobras, saleen, roush.

GTfiveoh

Reaction score
I agree with that. I had one guy ask me what year my 95 was when I had it and he couldn't believe it was a 95. If they're done right they can look VERY good

JKady

Reaction score
I really don't see them ever being widely desirable classics. The aftermarket cars and SVT stuff perhaps but your standard GT probably won't be sought after until there are barely any left, if ever. They'll likely end up in the same boat as the Maverick, good car with a super dedicated fan base but not the broad appeal of your big name muscle cars of the 60's and 70's.

That's just fine in my book, keeps the prices down for the enthusiasts that enjoy them.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
"Classic" status in terms of registration/insurance probably varies by State.

NJ is 20 years but has to be basically visually stock.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
I bet Mach 1's will hold value and may even become a classic. Mostly due to it being a reiteration of a classic lol..

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I bet Mach 1's will hold value and may even become a classic. Mostly due to it being a reiteration of a classic lol..

Even then I wouldn't hold your breath. A couple of my neighbors got back from a big car auction (Mecum) a couple weekends ago and we chatted - the muscle cars, as expected, went for lots of money. The new Shelby Mustangs (meaning the 2000's and up, NOT the original 60's) not so much. No one was really interested in them. Now, maybe in 20 years if there are no original Shelby's left (or they are too expensive), then maybe the newer Shelby's will start to be desirable. It's hard to say. One has to keep in mind that people aren't buying the performance of said car, they are buying the culture of said car. Original 60's Shelbys - *lots* of culture around that. Newer Shelby's...where's the culture? What culture? Maybe it will develop over time?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Even then I wouldn't hold your breath. A couple of my neighbors got back from a big car auction (Mecum) a couple weekends ago and we chatted - the muscle cars, as expected, went for lots of money. The new Shelby Mustangs (meaning the 2000's and up, NOT the original 60's) not so much. No one was really interested in them. Now, maybe in 20 years if there are no original Shelby's left (or they are too expensive), then maybe the newer Shelby's will start to be desirable. It's hard to say. One has to keep in mind that people aren't buying the performance of said car, they are buying the culture of said car. Original 60's Shelbys - *lots* of culture around that. Newer Shelby's...where's the culture? What culture? Maybe it will develop over time?

People are also buying nostalgia and memories, that is why the older cars remain the hot sellers.

In 20-30 years we will be the old men who now have money and want to relive our youth at any cost.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I guess ill re-live a Bronco2 with 8 15's. I wished id never sold it! It would be a classic now.

Sn95's are make or break in the looks department and tooo many ugly 6 cylinders out their for the masses to concider them a cool car.

Kinda like a 4 door Galaxie in its day, but now desired.

Mr.Eman

Reaction score
I think they will reach a level of collectability at some point. I don't know if they will bring in huge dollar amounts though. When I was in my late teens early 20's (late 80's esrly 90's) you could buy 70's early 80's era fire chicken Trans Ams and z-28 Camaros for short money. Now these cars fetch a nice sum. I'm still not a fan of them but different strokes I guess.

I'll second what someone else said: some the best SN95's are represented on this forum.

Orange's car is probably my favorite but there are plenty of others too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online