Sn95 classic yet?

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I know you are just listing off stuff - but that's kind of my point. Nobody cares about all that stuff. None of that is special. Don't get me wrong, it is to us, but to the general public, I really don't think in 20 years they are going to care which had a return-less fuel system and which did away with functional side scoops. So I have a really hard time seeing these cars fetching a lot of coin in the future.

True, I can't say that these slight variances are going to make it a big deal but usually on most car shows they always talk about the different options that cars came with, and what actually changed on them. I dont know man, I can't see into the future haha.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
True, I can't say that these slight variances are going to make it a big deal but usually on most car shows they always talk about the different options that cars came with, and what actually changed on them. I dont know man, I can't see into the future haha.

I hear you man, if only we could see the future. They may be interesting things at shows right now, but I don't see any of it as a big break through in technology or anything like that. Something that might still be relevant 20 years from now. Like a manufacturing change to all aluminum might (might) be something interesting in the future. But who knows?

MRRRRCK

Reaction score
I think SN95s will become collectible and more desirable over time....but probably not for another 20 years.

The styling of the 94-98 was especially well thought out, its lines are gorgeous. Some look at the 94-98 and think its bland, but there is a fine line between bland and classic styling (think Porsche 911; very conservative styling for the last 40 years, but they still all look great and are all highly desirable). Its the outrageous, aggressive designs that tend look dated more quickly.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If these cars do end up being worth anything... None of us will benefit. Most of us have customized the cars beyond the point they'll be desirable to a collector.

If you're in the car game to make money/keep value. You are likely in the wrong game.

If you like the car, drive it and enjoy it.

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
if we're talking about what will go for money in this generation it'll be your Roush mustangs, saleens, mystic, cobras, cobra Rs, etc.
But no most likely not will your base GT be worth any insane amount of money but I could believe seeing them go for 7-10 grand in condition like any other classic mustang that was just a base GT would go for. Expecting 80k for a base GT at any point and time is irrational.
But say a completely mint stage 3 Roush wemt up to auction or a cobra r then yes you could see your 80k mustang to the right collector.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
might i also add to this (i know i am 4 month late but whatever), it also depends on the area you live. For example in California, specifically Southern California, prices for cars are ridiculous, and yes prices for mustangs are going up. When i was 10 years old, my dad bought my '72 coupe for a whopping $800. Fast forward to 2012 when i started modifying it,prices for the 71-73 were really cheap. You can get a running coupe for about $1000. 64-69 mustangs were less than 15k at that time in very decent condition. Fox bodies were cheap and so were early sn95's. Fast forward literally 3 years later, you'll be lucky to get a 64-69 for anything less than 25k. Even the 71-73 are getting expensive, a CL search will show a shitty, but running 1972 mustang for 2600 at the cheapest, and a fastback going for 20k. Fox bodies, 86+ are going up, now you'll be lucky to find a fox for less than 5k. I bought my 94 last year for 2100, at that time you can get one for 1200 at the cheapest prices are now above 2k for a v6. one thing i always said to people, as previous generations get pricey, people will look to get the oldest cheapest generations. and as more people are buying the older cars, the prices go up. And i specially want to blame the people who flip cars, they are the main reason why prices go up, and the stupid people who will pay that outrageous sum. For us who have ours, we can careless honestly because we already have it, but our cars become targets for thieves. Although, it is becoming harder to sell stolen vehicles, it doesn't stop the thief.

Also want to add that my girlfriend bought a 1975 280z last year for 2300 not running, prices are now upwards of 5k.

Theres always going to be a fan base for these cars, and while websites which are stance nation, canibeat, and cars meets and car shows become more and more popular, people will see how good these "undesirable" cars can look and they go out and buy one (like some people mentioned). Hell, going to the beach in my 1972 i got stopped by some older dude and told me "i never liked coupes, especially this years, but your car is making me rethink that." It also brings more attention when i roll in with my lumpy cam, and they see a 21 year old come out. Makes an imprint on them and they remember it. THey probably wont go out and buy some, but theres always that one person who gets inspired, or that 15yo kid that tells his dad thats the first car he wants.

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
I agree Im considering trying to get an another fox once I sell my other sn95. The thing is the older you get people remeber having these cars and want one to relive the past.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
In due time these cars will become a classic. Our cars are a few years away from QQ plates can you believe that?!

I cannot make assumptions for future value, but it is easy to make predictions in receiving the title of "classic". Today in 2015 it is almost impossible to find a nice sn95 near me. Hop on the internet and their are a few nice condition cobras or mach 1's or gts.. whatever the case is, 90% of the time they are priced 10K+ for a pristine example . These examples are likely to stick around regardless of the owner, who ever pays that much these days its safe to say loves sn95s to began with.

But the "less loved ones" will be weeded out due to neglect or lack of funds/interest, some will be crushed/junked due to unfortunate events, others are already too far gone to be saved.

Realistically i can see a fraction to remain and will eventually become a rarity, and im sticking around for that ride! regardless of value or money dumped into it because i love sn95s:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online