SN95 Exhaust Tips

Venompower

Reaction score
So my 97' Cobra exhaust tips looks like trash... I could jack the car up and remove the exhaust and spend a day sanding, and polishing, but I would still end up with the stock exhaust only shiny. I was trying to look for different options for new tail pipes as I will be swapping what sound like 40 Series Delta Flow for some original 40 Series mufflers, and might has well put a larger pipe behind them. I assumed I would find a section for rolled, angled cut, straight cut etc. Nope all the major Mustang sites have a couple magnaflow tips, a 2.5 polished set of pipes and that's it.

Any suggestions on where to look, etc.

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
Are you looking for polished tips or polished pipes, and what size tips do you want?

I'm kicking back and forth between just going with the 2.5" stainless steel from latemodelrestoration or keeping my current and having an exhaust shop weld on some 3" polished. I know the exhaust shop will probably have tip options but was hoping to see them on a Mustang first.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I'm kicking back and forth between just going with the 2.5" stainless steel from latemodelrestoration or keeping my current and having an exhaust shop weld on some 3" polished. I know the exhaust shop will probably have tip options but was hoping to see them on a Mustang first.

Have you looked at the slp tips? They are a 3.5' rolled edge tip and in my opinion they look the best on our cars.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^ +1

The SLP tips are by far the best looking for our cars. The only drawback is the tips are relatively short and you can see where the pipes go from ~2.25" to 3.5". On my car I settled for 18" long tips to minimize that problem. Nothing looks worse than an exhaust that looks like a funnel.

lutter94

Reaction score
It's hard to beat the look of 2.5" angle cut polished

lrs-5212pr_8956.jpg

lutter94

Reaction score
Is there a 3.5" angle cut out there? Seems like most are like above or rolled edges. Maybe a 3" angle cut?

1bad95

Reaction score
SLP I think looks the best, I loved them on my 95, had the whole cat-back

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
a little wheel cleaner and some steel wool would take the rust off and start to clean it up. I have just never really been a fan of putting money into tips as they just seem too expensive and just not much bang for the buck imo.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Agree'd. Not to mention how the exhaust sounds coming from a big diameter tip. Sounds to much like a truck.

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
a little wheel cleaner and some steel wool would take the rust off and start to clean it up. I have just never really been a fan of putting money into tips as they just seem too expensive and just not much bang for the buck imo.

Not looking for 3.5 inch... 3 inch would be my max.

These pipes are pretty bad, I may take them off this winter and do the process of actually sanding them down, then polishing... depending on how that goes I may just buy the 2.5 inch kit to go with the new OG 40 series, when I dump the delta flows.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you really do not need to take them off to clean them up if you don't want too. You just need to cut your sand paper into strips and then you can wrap it around it and go back/forth as you go up/down to get the whole pipe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010