Sn95 Forums 2016 Calendar?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1998cobrasvt, Jan 7, 2016.

1. 1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt Well-Known Member

Will their be a 2016 sn95 forums calendar this year?

2. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

Negative. Maybe 2017 but not this year. It took us about 3-4 months last time we made one. It's ALOT of work. Most of the guys who helped design and get the calendars printed do not frequent here too often either. We would possibly have to look for some members who are willing to help out but it's time consuming. Last time I worked on it I was still in college and had plenty of free time. Times have changed, but that's not to say we can't get some folks together and make another one. Just takes a little commitment.

3. ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89 Legend

Opened the thread...voted yes...read Ferocious' comment... :sad5: :sad5: :sad5:

I love the idea. Wish I had some way I could contribute to it if it were going to happen. What about a 16-17 calendar? (July-June)

4. 1998cobrasvt

^ haha i know right!
    I like this idea Elrod.

Hope to see one soon! If it helps, I can help with any misc tasks but nothing major such as printing (while moving)

5. g36 monkey

g36 monkey Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

[MENTION=15502]Ferocious[/MENTION] do you still have shots of the last one we did? It was awesome. I think it's a great idea but, as stated, we need a ton of support from you guys. From graphics work to finding a print shop that won't bend us over, to getting enough orders to make it worth it.

6. 1998cobrasvt

Makes sense to me. I can try and get price estimates in my area if that helps at all, just let me know.

7. Ferocious

I think they're in a thread somewhere in our office. Last calendar was 2012? 2013? Dalamar was running it back then but I'll can see what I can dig up tomorrow. If we simplify the calendar a bit, it could be much easier.

8. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Aren't there printing places that sell templates and all you have to do is add pictures?

Did a quick search. All the photo print places can do it (walmart, staples, London drugs....). Looks like you can get your basic calendar for <$20?

9. Tony

Tony Legend

just got a jeep wrangler calendar in the mail from wranglerforms. but i would replace it with an sn95 calendar asap....so i say do it now do it good do that shit just like you should :thumbsup:

10. 96blak54

96blak54 Legend

Ill purchase one! Really doesnt have to be top quality. Just a compiled group of the best shots of the "regular members" ride. Id put a post count towards eligibility also.

11. RedTwilight

RedTwilight Active Member

I purchase one! Though it is a little late in the calendar season. I'd still get one for this year. But it may be better to start the process now for next years.

12. 98snakehorse

98snakehorse Well-Known Member

I would love to get one as-well looking forward to 2017 :) Would be cool to get budget blue in there. I don't have real high post count but I am on here everyday and try to post to help when I can.

13. lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

I would love to get one and ill help any way I can. However, my car is not in any way shape, form, or fashion, ready to be in a calendar lol.

14. mustangmurley

mustangmurley Active Member

I'd take one and I'm willing to help any way I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

We could do an 18 month calendar, mid 2016 and all of 2017. We would need quality pics etc and I agree you must be a regular member to get in. I would even like to see an unfinished car or two make it in. A shot of the car in a garage with all the tools and parts around it would be cool IMO. What was the lead time for this anyone remember? [MENTION=8116]Dalamar[/MENTION] get in here.

If we are able to pull off an 18 month calendar it would cost more but give you guys a few months to get your winter mods completed before pics would have to be in.

16. 96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra Well-Known Member

Who all can enter

sent while thinking of mods for my 4.6s using tapatalk

17. g36 monkey

g36 monkey Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

you wait, the beast will be back soon

18. CrystalWhiteStallion

CrystalWhiteStallion New Member

19. duh09

duh09 Legend

Totally in for another calendar. The last one was by far the most bad ass calendar I've ever hung up in the shop. I would be down to buy a few. Does anyone have any digital copies of the last one? I think some people don't understand how friggin nice and well done they were.

20. Ferocious

Without trying to sound like a complete dick... you have clearly no idea what our calendars consist of. It's not just 1 random photo of a car per page and it definitely isn't "a bunch of photos slapped together" nor is "quality work not very difficult" and while we're at it's quite the opposite of something that "doesn't take very long".

Our calender's featured multiple cars per page, along with usernames and car descriptions. Tributes to our members that passed away, backgrounds for the actual grid portion of the calendar, and much more. Each page was made from scratch using photos the members provided and were fit accordingly into themes, months, or whatever we felt necessary. We had a whole template set up just to fit multiple picture in. Everything was cropped, resized, and edited one by one.

It was seriously an awesome calendar. Definitely not something we can make in 20 seconds using some random website.