SN95 intake on F-150?

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Posting this for a friend. He has a 92 F-150 with a 302. He's been wanting to do some sort of upgrade to the truck for quite a while now. He first wanted to buy my Comp polymer intake but changed his mind after reading more about the intake and deciding it wasn't best for him. Now he's wondering if a stock 94-95 GT intake will work on his truck. The immediate problems I can think of would be his air filter being on a different side that is already cluttered up by the battery and emissions junk, and the difference in connectors between the two vehicles for things such as the TPS and IAC. His truck is also still speed density. I told him it would probably be more trouble than it's worth, but I would ask anyway just to satisfy his curiosity. So, have any of you guys ever heard of anyone doing this?

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I thought atleast a Fox lower would be better than the SN lower since it's a little closer to the truck intake. He was pretty deadset on the Comp for a while but he says everything hea read about it said all your low end power is out the window with it.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
the fox and the sn lower are the same Gt40 from an exploder would be better and can be reversed to come out on the driver side. Then all he would need to do is adapt his TB from the truck to the intake.

Surely he's checked of an f150 forum.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
the fox and the sn lower are the same Gt40 from an exploder would be better and can be reversed to come out on the driver side. Then all he would need to do is adapt his TB from the truck to the intake.

Surely he's checked of an f150 forum.

He says he 'couldn't find anything' so he prolly just hasn't looked. I know the only difference I've seen between my SN and fox lower is that the ACT sensor is in the lower intake on the fox instead of the intake tube like the SN's. I kind of had a feeling an explorer intake would be his best bet also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online