SN95 LED Gauge Cluster

5ptSlow

Reaction score
Twist things are a little finicky.

LEDs are polarized so rearrange them and youll be fine.

Sent from my Droid Spyder, probably on 4G.

TanTop94

Reaction score
thanks for the info! I got it all working yesterday I just thought I'd share what all I had a problem with and you already gave them answers too. Nice.

Echo

Reaction score
Oh, and also, here's where I got mine:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00755JMYS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

5 in the cluster, 2 in the AC Controls, 2 in the license plate housings, and one for the trunk. I also believe that you can use one for your hood light, but I haven't tested that one yet.

They're 194/168 LED Bulbs. You can find them in different colors also. The only thing you have to worry about is the film on your gauges 94-00 is blue tinted, 01-04 are green tinted. That's why our "blue" tint shows up green, because of the incandescent bulbs. Took me all of 30 minutes to do. Couldn't be happier.

Do these compare pretty much equally to the LEDs from superbrightLEDs.com? They look like a different kind of LEDs are used. Anys pics with these installed in your car?

Edit: Just realized that you totally did post pictures, and I'm just inept. Looks good!

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Just did mine. Very happy with them!
_MG_1515.jpg
_MG_1517.jpg

and I replaced my license plate ones, too. :D
_MG_1518.jpg

Those look better than mine do... time to get the bulbs you got and redo...

2012-06-22_21-14-06_709.jpg

edit: Just ordered. For that price and $10 for 2 day shipping so I can do them this weekend that is STILL an effing steal. And if anyone is ordering other stuff for over $25 total order the shipping is free. I'm officially done with superbrightleds after getting the same results on my 98 as I got on the 95. I thought that was as good as it would get but nope, if mine look like yours do then that is going to be a-freaking-mazing. Not totally looking forward to pulling the hvac controls out again but oh well, the whole thing will take a half hour.

Echo

Reaction score
Just ordered mine yesterday. Gotta find someone with a long enough extension for the HVAC, and figure out how to get my radio out, but I'm ready to go with the gauge cluster. Since I ordered the set of 10 from amazon, I plan to do the license lights as well. I'll post pics up when it's done!

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Yeah mine came in Friday but I was not motivated in the cold... Might be a good time to see how well the space heater works out there... I definitely see how these will light up the whole cluster vs the superbright LEDs I have in now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

BigBore96

Reaction score
I need to do this to my cobra. My Gt has whiteface guages and purple LEDS from superbright. Though I'm not happy with them. They are dim and have hotspots. No amount of messing with them helped. I'm going to try a different style bulb though. It seems these work well for you guys which is awesome and what I'll try in my cobra.

Amazon.com: Zone Tech 10x 194 168 2825 5-smd White High Power LED Car Lights Bulb: Automotive

S
o, I'm thinking of getting these in purple for the GT unless I can find an alternative. Definitely more expensive but I'd like them to work properly. I'm hoping since these are a different style than I have in now that they will come out how I'd like them to.

194 LED Bulb - 5 SMD LED Wide Angle Wedge Base | Miniature Wedge Base LEDs | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
I need to do this to my cobra. My Gt has whiteface guages and purple LEDS from superbright. Though I'm not happy with them. They are dim and have hotspots. No amount of messing with them helped. I'm going to try a different style bulb though. It seems these work well for you guys which is awesome and what I'll try in my cobra.

Amazon.com: Zone Tech 10x 194 168 2825 5-smd White High Power LED Car Lights Bulb: Automotive

S
o, I'm thinking of getting these in purple for the GT unless I can find an alternative. Definitely more expensive but I'd like them to work properly. I'm hoping since these are a different style than I have in now that they will come out how I'd like them to.

194 LED Bulb - 5 SMD LED Wide Angle Wedge Base | Miniature Wedge Base LEDs | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

Look at the pic I posted earlier. Those are the wled 5 bulbs you are talking about. They look ok in the hvac but like crap in the cluster. Coverage is meh at best.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

Echo

Reaction score
Look at the pic I posted earlier. Those are the wled 5 bulbs you are talking about. They look ok in the hvac but like crap in the cluster. Coverage is meh at best.

So scotty, you used the SUPERBRIGHTLED.com lights and coverage was spotty? Or did you use the AMAZON..com posted earlier and had a meh result? Getting confused on which to go with.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i dont have a pic of my mustang cluster but i used the same bulbs in my truck and i gotta pic of that.....superbrightleds.....wled 5

339315_325530014206284_1803335033_o_zps06df319e.jpg

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
So scotty, you used the SUPERBRIGHTLED.com lights and coverage was spotty? Or did you use the AMAZON..com posted earlier and had a meh result? Getting confused on which to go with.

The superbrights leave a dim area on the top of both the tach and speedo as the stock bulb that lights them up is in the middle of the 2 and the stock bulbs cover better than the leds do. The amazon ones are multiangle so they cover all the way. I recommend the amazons having done both.

BigBore96

Reaction score

I did look at your picture. That's how my Gt's look currently except purple. Amazon doesn't have purple ones that I could find so I'm trying that style from Superbright. The style of bulb in it now is not the same as I posted. So I'm going to try it anyway to see what it looks like.

For my cobra though, I will use the amazon ones as I want them blue.

Echo

Reaction score
The superbrights leave a dim area on the top of both the tach and speedo as the stock bulb that lights them up is in the middle of the 2 and the stock bulbs cover better than the leds do. The amazon ones are multiangle so they cover all the way. I recommend the amazons having done both.

Thanks, that's what I thought you were saying, but wanted to make sure. I suppose it didn't really matter as I'd already ordered the amazon LEDs based on the price. :p Good to know I went with the right choice though. Should be getting them either tomorrow or Friday!

Echo

Reaction score
Got my LEDs and did a swap for my Gauges, my HVAC, and my Shift Indicator lights. Only have a picture of the first right now, but I'll get some more up. Very happy with the results, nice evern coverage.

DSCI0010_zpsb4d259e6.jpg

Echo

Reaction score
I might look into doing this! looks great! I'll save this thread for later :)

The LEDs will also fit your trunk light, license plate lights, shift indicator light(on an auto, not sure about manual), and I believe your map lights unless you have a convertible. I'd recommend the amazon set of 10 LEDs linked up there somewhere. Cheaper than SuperBright, better coverage, and you get 10x to the set which leaves a few to play with.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The LEDs will also fit your trunk light, license plate lights, shift indicator light(on an auto, not sure about manual), and I believe your map lights unless you have a convertible. I'd recommend the amazon set of 10 LEDs linked up there somewhere. Cheaper than SuperBright, better coverage, and you get 10x to the set which leaves a few to play with.

Thanks! will have to look into it some more!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online