SN95 LED Gauge Cluster

Echo

Reaction score
I found a writeup somewhere showing a way to basically sand down the blue to use any color led. The HVAC had a film you could just rip out.

Echo

Reaction score
Went searching and still couldn't find the write-up I spoke of. Did find a few fourms of people who did sand down the back of the gauge face and it worked fine. Just remove your needles, pull off the layer with your gauge numbers on them, and take some fine grain sandpaper to the back. Don't worry about being perfect just sand over generally all the numbers. Once you're past that first layer you should be good to go. Hvac is easier, just remove the faceplate and pull out the blue film right behind the front. Good Luck!

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
this looks stupid on the black GT cluster.
What bulbs shold i use for BRIGHT WHITE>.. not this blue crap. I brought 10 bulbs from amazon linked a couple pages back
and even the HVAC is this ugly blue. It doesn't look white like in the 1st post.
2zp1kzk.jpg

2nb9bf5.jpg

and here is the color i want:
IMG_1118resize.jpg

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Great bumped thread Twista since I've had red LED's just chillin for a long time.

Sooooo can someone tell me what the hell the talk is about sanding down the blue? I've got red and would really like to use them..

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
pull out your gauge cluster, and sand down the blue, and put it back in with red LEDs. There I told you lol

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Perfect looks like an easy job. The final result looks a lot like my Grand Am's interior.. Definitely like the red thanks man

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
this looks stupid on the black GT cluster.
What bulbs shold i use for BRIGHT WHITE>.. not this blue crap. I brought 10 bulbs from amazon linked a couple pages back
and even the HVAC is this ugly blue. It doesn't look white like in the 1st post.

which white bulbs did you get? there's different color outputs for white

Bub

Reaction score
[MENTION=8202]Twista[/MENTION] I think op has a white faced cobra cluster im sure that tweaks it a bit. I did this last year my pics are a few pages back

nolan62

Reaction score
I have a quick question. Is there any reason not to also replace the warning, high beam, and turn indicator light bulbs with LEDs? Does anyone know what the bulb number is for those? I can't find it anywhere.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They're all the same, no one replaces them with LED becuase it's a waste of money (if you buy good bulbs).

Jimzstang

Reaction score
I threw some cheap led bulbs into the dash and hvac ... I like the look! Cost me 9 bucks lol

Sent from my p.o.s phone

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online