SN95 Line Lock/Roll Control

AndrewBlunk

Reaction score
I've been searching around and I'm having trouble finding anything definitive on how to hook up a line lock to my 95 cobra. Or atleast what size fittings and everything I'll need to make it work. I want to keep my ABS...thanks guys

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just did mine.
7557361401585089-8d7e0a048f.jpg

I got the hurst/mustang easy install kit and ended up using maybe 5 or 6 of the 30 pieces in it but I cut the flared ends off of the stock pieces so that I could slide the fittings off and then installed the correct fittings on each end. You can borrow/rent a flare tool at autozone and its really easy to do.

OP
OP
AndrewBlunk

AndrewBlunk

Reaction score
Just did mine.
I got the hurst/mustang easy install kit and ended up using maybe 5 or 6 of the 30 pieces in it but I cut the flared ends off of the stock pieces so that I could slide the fittings off and then installed the correct fittings on each end. You can borrow/rent a flare tool at autozone and its really easy to do.
Right on, kept the ABS? Is the install kit worth getting if you only used a few pieces? or are they specific pieces that I wouldnt be able to fashion any other way? Thanks for the info man!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I kept all the old fittings and have everything out of my engine bay right now as I am welding panels in to smooth it all out. Let me dig through the old fittings and I might be able to either dig out the fitting I didn't use that you could or some of the parts at the least.

OP
OP
AndrewBlunk

AndrewBlunk

Reaction score
I kept all the old fittings and have everything out of my engine bay right now as I am welding panels in to smooth it all out. Let me dig through the old fittings and I might be able to either dig out the fitting I didn't use that you could or some of the parts at the least.
I appreciate it bud. My hoosiers wont get here until thursday so that means I have to wait until next wednesday to get to the track so I'm just trying to add some little things and keep myself occupied until I get to the track

OP
OP
AndrewBlunk

AndrewBlunk

Reaction score
Bumping this because I didn't really get any answers. I'd like to keep the ABS but if not I'd rather not buy a ABS delete block for $100 or whatever they are, but I havent been able to find anything definitive. I figured there would be a HOW TO somewhere..

Mustanger

Reaction score
Yes you can keep the ABS ...definitively...I also just did mine like TTocs. The Hurst kit & the extra pieces kit. I needed the lines they include...and a few fittings but you can buy the lines pretty cheap too. I'll post up how I had mine installed in a second...

Here you go...

Our cars don't need a multiport linelock solenoid. Just a single port cheapy like posted above from summit will work. I installed a Hurst unit about 6 or 7 years ago and only used 1 port and plugged the others.

Basically there are 2 lines that run from below the master cylinder up to the ABS box near the radiator overflow. One is for the rear brakes and the other is for the front brakes. All you need to do is insert the line lock solenoid into the line that goes to the port on the passenger side of the box, I believe its labeled MC.

I mounted my solenoid on the frame rail below where the stock air filter box is located. Disconnected the hardline going into the ABS box and added an extension and ran it to the "in" on the solenoid then made a line to go from the "out" of the solenoid to where I removed the other line from the ABS box.

Don't forget to bleed the brakes when done

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online