SN95 serpentine belt question

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
I found the short belt drawing here in the tech section but I'm wondering if anyone has a part number for my application.
I'm currently running a smog pump delete kit, tensioner, alternator, a/c and ps. I want to get rid of the smog pump delete kit and just run a shorter belt. I have to ask; why do folks pay for a delete kit when they can just run a shorter belt?
Thanks.

kb1982

Reaction score
For the simple fact that it keeps the stock belt and the routing the same. Use a piece of string, route it with the tensioner down,mark it where the two ends meet, then just compensate by going a little shorter.

lutter94

Reaction score
I bought a shorter belt, been too long, forgot the length/part number. I don't understand the dead pulley, the reroute works fine.

OP
OP
D

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
My biggest problem is the boneheads at the local parts stores. If I tell them 80"; they are clueless. They can only go by application.

thearborbarber

Reaction score
I used a gates K060895 when I got rid of the smog pump. Tensioner sits in the same place as will with the factory belt.

(Updated part number above)

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
On my 5.0 with smog delete was about a 90" belt +/- 1/2". I'll get the actual pn when I get home if you need it.

thearborbarber

Reaction score
Yep still have AC and Power Steering. I updated the part number. The first one was too long. After taking the car for a spin the belt had stretched enough for the tensioner to bang against its stop. Got one an inch shorter. I updated the part number in my first post.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online