SN95 Shifter cable Lubrication

Reaction score
Is there a place on the shifter cable that I can get some lubricant into ? I know there is a connector on the side of the transmission that can be lubed but is there an opening up above by the shift lever that I can get some lube into. I just didn't want to rip out the center console if it is unnecessary.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Is there a place on the shifter cable that I can get some lubricant into ? I know there is a connector on the side of the transmission that can be lubed but is there an opening up above by the shift lever that I can get some lube into. I just didn't want to rip out the center console if it is unnecessary.

This must be an automatic transmission?

@lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Yup automatic lol. You’ll have to pull the cable off the shifter and drop some oil in to the end of it where the cable goes in to the sheathing. There isn’t really a dedicated spot for oiling.

What makes you say it needs to be lubed?

Reaction score
You need a new cable. They’re Teflon lined and are designed to run dry. Lubrication attracts dirt and will cause them to bind. If your cable is hard to move, it’s because the Teflon has worn away - the cable needs to be replaced.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lubricant will help but may only be a temp fix. If it frees it up for now then keep an eye on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
OK , thanks for the relies. The shifter is hard to move but still works , I never thought about the Teflon coatings being compromised . I was thinking of getting some oil lubricant into it , but if the lubricant is going to make dirt and dust stick I may find a dry lube such as graphite to try and get into the top of the cable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online