sn95 vs supra 1/4

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
did nobody notice how slow that stang came off the line?? Was he sleeping or did the supra red light :dunno: :dunno:

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
did nobody notice how slow that stang came off the line?? Was he sleeping or did the supra red light :dunno: :dunno:

I think he was probably just spooling it as high as he wanted it, when they do that the only thing that takes the hit is the reaction time
which doesnt matte and the E.T. i believe is taken after the car starts forward motion. And remember in track racing its not who gets
to the end of the track first its the lowest E.T. that takes the win.

Nice vid. O0

Hellion94

Reaction score
FIVELITERS said:
Snakebit said:

I think he was probably just spooling it as high as he wanted it, when they do that the only thing that takes the hit is the reaction time
which doesnt matte and the E.T. i believe is taken after the car starts forward motion. And remember in track racing its not who gets
to the end of the track first its the lowest E.T. that takes the win.

Nice vid. O0

I think it's time for a little racing education..

The goal in Heads up (leave at the same time, see who is faster) racing is ALWAYS to get to the stripe first. It makes ABSOLUTELY no difference who goes faster.

You are correct in the fact that reaction time has no effect on E.T. , It can, however cost you a race, even if the other car is slower.

Here's an example: - -

You're racing another car heads up. When the light drops, he gets out first with a .015 light (or .415 if you're used to seeing it that way) you follow with a pathetic .115. This basically means that he got a head start os .1, or a tenth of a second. For this example , we'll say that your car is the faster one, by about .2 on average. Let's say he runs a 9.52 @ 140, and you slow down a little and run a 9.46 @ 141. This is a difference of .06, which means, even though you went quicker and faster, you lost by 6 thousandths of a second because of your reaction time being slower.

You are also correct that the time starts when you start moving. The second beam at the starting lights is the "starting line" , this is also known as the "stage beam" because it's the beam that lights the "staged" light on the tree, aka the second light. when this line is crossed, your time starts.

There, now we can all understand a little better.

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Oh wow i didnt know that. :)

NOOOOOW I KNOWWWW! (anybody remember Bill Nye the science guy? ;D)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online