SN95Forums Google+ community page

Reaction score
hey there fellow SN95 members,

with the blessing of Shaggy, the Moderation and Administration teams i would like to propose the launch/creation of a SN95Forums based Google+ communities page. The page will have the intent to portray the awesome rides, builds, knowledge, and overall camaraderie and the community we have established here on the site. i want the page to be similar to the Instagram and Twitter accounts, but have it be a subsidiary of the forums site. i want to have it be strongly based off the site and how the forum is set up like: the garage, drivetrain, members rides, build ups and projects, etc. just as an example.

while i have already set up some of the site, and it is technically live, the page is more or less sitting idly. i want to get the full ok from the whole ownership and operation team before really diving into this "project". if its a no go then i will take the page down, but i do believe it will be a good source of exposure as well as keeping the overall atmosphere provided by the members here on the site and have it be shared with the google page.

speaking from a personal experience i think we can get a whole lot of traffic to the site and that we can reach out to newer and younger members. my google account for whatever reason, and this isnt to brag or boast, has over 313k views and keeps on growing on a daily basis. ive had my google+ account set up for 4 years and dont really post a whole lot to the account or other google sync'd products, but thats my point. if an account with that many views and minimal posts can have that huge of a "following" i'll say, then imagine what can happen with the google+ page based solely around our cars and community. not to mention one DOES NOT EXIST for them.

i believe the site will benefit largely from this and it will in hopes bring what we have created on this site and transcend it to a "newer" generation of social media based around a solid foundation established from the site.

this is the link to the page, i want to see if i can change the url to reference SN95forums.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/110790556368961295158

also [MENTION=17070]Tony[/MENTION] i hope you dont mind having your car be the "flagship" for the page. its been associated with a lot of the sites' subsidiary media and i feel your car is well known among SN95 enthusiasts

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
I think it is awesome that there are a few of us trying to keep the SN95 scene alive and well, even trying to keep this site active!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cool, I'm all for doing as much social media as possible. Cool idea.

1. What is google+?
2. I think we have a SN95Forums Youtube account? Youtube and all the google stuff is linked, right? Would we be able to use that account for this too [MENTION=10830]MustangChris[/MENTION] [MENTION=10188]white95[/MENTION] [MENTION=19105]Shaggy[/MENTION] [MENTION=17876]DeepList[/MENTION] [MENTION=7995]DropTopPony[/MENTION] [MENTION=10997]g36 monkey[/MENTION]
3. If so, could we get [MENTION=18830]Frank.JD.Perez[/MENTION] to use that account? Frank, would it be a lot of work to start over on another account?

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
Orange 94 I'm not too sure if it will be "a lot of work" but definitely a worth while investment and I guess a good way to describe Google+ is like Facebook but waayyyyy better, a whole lot more social, and overall a very positive (pun not intended) environment

here is a little article about G+

https://www.digitalunite.com/guides/social-networking-blogs/google-plus/what-google-plus

there is a google+ account set up for SN95forums but it seems to be "disconnected" from the rest of the google social media. if we can find out the email/account used i should be able to transfer data and pages over and get it up and running.

account page: https://plus.google.com/u/0/111177337209387663807/about

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I think FB groups are much more active then G+ communities. The only thing is that I don't want any social media site advertised here as it takes members away. I would love for advertising to happen on social media sites to have members come here.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I will check it out when I get some down time this week.

Anything to promote the site and SN's is good IMO.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Wow someone ownes this site.....shows how much i know.....anyway, i know alot of people are using google+ now because its more personal, not crammed with a bunch of missed updates like you get on facebook. And not like my opinion matters much but i say go for it

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm out of the social media scene but if it would be good for the forum, and people smarter than me think that, then I am for it.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Boom. locked in and loaded. I've never really used google+ before...

66384388.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online