Sneaky pete 50 shot

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Anyone have any info on this..its like 250 for this small nitrous kit...its Aa 50 dry shot...is this easy to install...how about a tune or spark plugs?..are they necessary with a 50 shot dry like this?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
the only reason to get the sneaky pete is if you really want to hide it easily . You can hide regular dry/wet kits if you want (5lb bottle is easy to hide). If money is an issue you can still get deals on wet/dry kits for under 300 if ya look. That lil bastard will give ya one little shot and thats it, time to go refill it. (it says its only good for a 1/10 off you time in the 1/4). I honestly wouldnt bother with it but its up to you.

97blackgt

Reaction score
Would it be possible to run all that equipemt and just use a 5lb bottle so you could get plenty of blasts of n02? If so i would be interested also

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
it would be kind of pointless. just get a regular dry or wet kit and be done. I dunno if i trust the shit in the sneaky pete kit it runs off 9v batteries. The main point of the sneaky pete is to hide it (hence the 10 oz bottle) so by using a 5lb you might as well get a reg kit. Thats my opinion anyways.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
97blackgt said:
Would it be possible to run all that equipemt and just use a 5lb bottle so you could get plenty of blasts of n02? If so i would be interested also

thats would then be the same as a regualar nitrous kit...

and as far as needing plugs and such...yes you will need new colder plugs and you will need to pull some timing out, but you wont absolutely need a tune to run a 50shot...but i highly recommend it since you will get max performnace out of it...and be safer.

and a 50 shot wont do much, i would recommend at least a 100 shot or 125 shot....and IMO Wetter is better. 8)

AND MY NITROUS KIT IS FOR SALE, CHECK THE SIG..... :naughty:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
If you want to do n2o right then get a wet kit (NX, compucar, dynotune are some good kits) (i would not get a zex because they do not put out as much power as others). You could start with a 75 shot and see if you are happy and still have room to grow. I am going with nitrous this spring and plan on running a 100 or 125 wet shot.

I dunno why you are limiting yourself to the sneaky pete. The only advantages i know of are the smaller hidden bottle and you get power from 9v batteries. So the only thing that is easier is you pry dont have to run power wires but anyone who knows anything about cars can do it.

If you do step up in shots to 100 then a fuel pump and adj regullator would be good things to add to the list along with the colder plugs gapped tighter and a tune.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
If you do step up in shots to 100 then a fuel pump and adj regullator would be good things to add to the list along with the colder plugs gapped tighter and a tune.

a bigger fuel pump isnt needed unless you step up to a 125+ bigger shot...the guy i bought my kit from ran a 100 shot with the stock fuel pump and no problems.

snoball

Reaction score
If you have a rear seat delete you can hide it under there with a remote bottle opener and heater. Only thing is you will have to make sure its secure. Other than that plumb it under the interior trim and mount it under the back intake or if you need to be, buy black tubing similar to vacuum hoses and run it all through there or the fender.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Honestly i think if you go anything over 75 you should upgrade... you might be able to squeak by with a 100 shot but why chance it?

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
haha...well I wasnt trying to hide it..just wondering about this kit....The nitrous kit itself isnt that costly..but everythign else will be

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
Honestly i think if you go anything over 75 you should upgrade... you might be able to squeak by with a 100 shot but why chance it?

you wont squeak by with a 100 shot, you will be perfectly fine.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I would upgrade the pump. It is cheap insurance, i think they are under $100. You might get by with the stock pump on a 100 shot but maybe the pump is getting a little weak.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
I would upgrade the pump. It is cheap insurance, i think they are under $100. You might get by with the stock pump on a 100 shot but maybe the pump is getting a little weak.

ive never heard of a mustang running a 100 shot with a proper tune to run nitrous and something go wrong because the fuel pump wasnt big enough...but i agree, you might as well since its addicting and you will end up upping the shot to a 125 or 150 anyway. ;D

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
exactly it is always better to know you have room to grow

well past 125, there isnt really any room to grow on a stock motor...and i would go with a Focus pump instead of a 255 to run a 125 or 150.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I sure wouldnt run a focus pump unless i had a 99+ stang with a returnless fuel system. Up till 98 i believe they have a return style system. You can get a walboro 255 fuel pump (plenty of fuel incase you want turbo/supercharger or any more power down the road) for like 90 bucks.The 190 and 155 walboro are a few bucks cheaper (10 less for the 190)but not much so it would be better to just go with a 255 and you should not ever have to upgrade down the road. I think the focus pumps are even more expensive than walboros and now more are going to the GT fuel pump instead of the focus because it flows more and i think it was even cheaper than the focus. Just thought id let ya know about that.

I know my pump is weak already so i will be putting in a 255 walboro come n2o time. Im counting down the days... :naughty:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.