Snow Stage 3 Meth injection kit Install

kb1982

Reaction score
This week I will be installing a Snow stage 3 meth injection kit along with a 7 gallon tank in my 95 cobra. Was just wondering if there is any intrest in the installation of it, if so i will take some high quality pics and possibly do a DIY write up for it.

Suspect

Reaction score
:thumbsup: cool! i just got my 2.5 gallon trunk mount parts. picked up 2 boxes of boost juice from summit yesterday. where did you get the 7 gallon? i think they give bigger tanks with the diesels. probably start my install thurs or sun.

Suspect

Reaction score
you know i was actually thinking about installing my tank in the rear passenger seat. under my rsd and cutting it out and throwing a hinge or two to make a door. so i can just lift it up and fill my tank. i just wasnt sure if i could get away with it at the track, so i need to look/ask around about it.

410sn95

Reaction score
you know i was actually thinking about installing my tank in the rear passenger seat. under my rsd and cutting it out and throwing a hinge or two to make a door. so i can just lift it up and fill my tank. i just wasnt sure if i could get away with it at the track, so i need to look/ask around about it.

When locating your methanol reservoir you should consider it a fuel. Methanol by nature is volatile. From a personal saftey stand point, I would not want it in the cabin. Especially if using/experiminting with mixes where your methanol to water concentration is greater than 50%.

I also would not put it in a small compartment like under the rear seat delete. Fumes will build up.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There's no need for huge tanks. Your car will use so little meth.
I just used my window washer tank.

410sn95

Reaction score
There's no need for huge tanks. Your car will use so little meth.
I just used my window washer tank.

That really depends on individual setups, intended purpose of the car and HP levels.

Example: A high boost, sbf road course car which is at WOT all the time may require a much larger reservoir than a daily driven low boost sbf motor that spends its life mostly out of boost.

That being said, no matter the size of the reservoir, I think it is always a good idea to install a level switch.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
For majority of applications you're only going to be spraying a light mist for seconds. It uses extremely little.

Suspect

Reaction score
i was thinking that, but i really dont see the difference.. with it being in the trunk. again just a thin piece of plywood separating it from the cabin. o well no biggie. my kit came with enough hose to reach to the trunk.

410sn95

Reaction score
More air space/venting in trunk. As opposed to a small compartment like under a seat delete.

Plus you can smell the meth vapors when things heat up, not so good in a tight enclosed space. It is in fact extremely flammable, hence part of the reason we should mix it.

I personally run it in my wiper fluid tank as well.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
all good info thanks and keep it coming. I was not sure where I was going to mount my bottle there is space in the fender just not sure how I would fill it after smoothing everything out.

410sn95

Reaction score
all good info thanks and keep it coming. I was not sure where I was going to mount my bottle there is space in the fender just not sure how I would fill it after smoothing everything out.

I have done many installs with the tank in the trunk. For the larger tanks it seems to be the easiest solution.

The washer tank install is nice, clean and stealthy. If your looking to hide the fact your running it.

Hindsight being what it is, I wish I had done a larger capacity trunk tank vs. my windshield washer tank. My car is not very stealthy to begin with and on long trips to "Mexico" to meet up with others. I ended up taking another container with mix just in case...

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The kit I have you could mount the tank in the engine bay or in the trunk. It was far too large for the engine bay and I was planning on using window washer fluid as meth anyways. So i just used the window washer tank. Works great, kinda sucks I cant see the level of it but like I said it uses extremely little.

410sn95

Reaction score
The kit I have you could mount the tank in the engine bay or in the trunk. It was far too large for the engine bay and I was planning on using window washer fluid as meth anyways. So i just used the window washer tank. Works great, kinda sucks I cant see the level of it but like I said it uses extremely little.

Have mine setup the same way. Easy to install a level switch in the stock washer tank. That way your not guessing so much at the level. Funny thing is under hard braking I can get the switch to trip sometimes.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Have mine setup the same way. Easy to install a level switch in the stock washer tank. That way your not guessing so much at the level. Funny thing is under hard braking I can get the switch to trip sometimes.

Can you explain your level switch?
I tried to put in a van tank that had a level in it, but that didnt work.
I currently just have a light to indicate when its spraying.

Its not a huge deal since if it doesn't spray and gets too hot the tune will retard the car. So if my pump stops or the nozzle gets plugged it wont be destructive.

GT3FC

Reaction score
I am eventually gonna go with meth injection. I would love to see the pictures and write up on how your install goes

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have not built my trunk for my stereo yet so I could add a tank there and build around it later with no problems. I am really a newb to superchargers and especially to meth so the more info you can give the better for me. Don't assume I know the really basic/stupid things that everyone should know to do meth there is a good chance I don't know it....

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
please do! I'd like to put a kit in once my car is up and running. A little more economical than the giggle gas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online