So help me decide on what to do to the L first?

Downshift

Reaction score
I dont know anything about the Ls other then they are sweet haha. I just wanna back up ryclefs post. I bought the oil serperator from lowes for 11$ and got the fittings for free at work. I have only driven my car like 20 miles and it already has oil in it. Extremely easy to install.

As far as cleaning the intercooler. I did that on my old car with some gasoline and it came out black numerous times from oil being in there. Cleaned it out and noticed a decent difference.

ck5.0

Reaction score
ck4.6 said:
Johnny Lightning Cold Air
C&L inlet
C&L plenum
Ford Racing 90mm mass air
LFP 6 pound lower pulley
LFP tensioner brace and 100mm idler pulleys
Super Chip

My brothers lightning ran awesome with these mods.

Oh yeah these mods Dyno'd 396rwph and 498 rwtq before he put the plenum and inlet. His truck sounded like a damn jet.

[attachment deleted by admin]

lrall

Reaction score
Id say lower it first, Stereo..hehe (ive got a 10" JL w3 w/ box and amp and such PM if interested at all). Since its already tinted(looks like it anyway?) then go with the rims/tires, exterior mods. IMO id do the aesthetic mods first, let yourself get used to/tired of the L power first. Lower that pig first though, the rims will look 10x better. I agree with the HID swap and red tails, maybe a bed lining or cover? That chrome grill mod is SWEET. oh shit, EXHAUST FIRST FTMFW

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
so did that one you drove have just a muffler and pipe, or did it have a mid and headers too?
It had midpipe and mufflers, and a tune.
Sounded perfect.

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm VERY supprised NONE of you guys said anything about the FTVB for the L ^-^ ^-^ EVERY L owner I have talked too said that has been their BEST bang for the buck mod they have ever done.

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
tRaV_19 said:
whats fvtb??
i was thinking the same thing, i just didnt want to sound like a retard ;D

Its OK guys, I didn't know what it was either until I started researching the Ls a few months back. Its a FACTORY TECH VALVE BODY its a shift kit for the L's and everyone swears by them. They say it makes the truck feel like a new animal, shifts firm and with authority and will chirp 2nd gear like a flock of baby chicks ;D ;D. Plus improves tranny life and all the rest........

I think it will be my FIRST mod ;)

97vertstang

Reaction score
FACTORY TECH VALVE BODY, of course i knew that ;D
basically a shift kit????

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I asked heath - his L has the valve body on it. It felt good.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
5.HOE said:
tRaV_19 said:
whats fvtb??
i was thinking the same thing, i just didnt want to sound like a retard ;D

Its OK guys, I didn't know what it was either until I started researching the Ls a few months back. Its a FACTORY TECH VALVE BODY its a shift kit for the L's and everyone swears by them. They say it makes the truck feel like a new animal, shifts firm and with authority and will chirp 2nd gear like a flock of baby chicks ;D ;D. Plus improves tranny life and all the rest........

I think it will be my FIRST mod ;)

Now you're learning. You can tell its been a minute or two since I've owned a lightning....I completely forgot about Chickenears....The FTVB is a great mod! Think of it as two things....a performance mod and tranny insurance. You're absolutely right though...before slapping a pulley on, beef up the tranny. When Put gauges in mine, I put two in it....BOOST and TRANNY TEMP! There is a company out of Durham, NC that makes a FULL A-Pillar..not some slap on bs cup kit...the FULL pillar that works GREAT. It comes in black plastic and you use VHT interior dye to match the grey factory pillar to perfection! If you want, Let me know and I'll find the company....

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
+1 on the
ryclef331 said:
VHT interior dye to match the grey factory pillar to perfection!

"I like it, it's got a ring to it" :)

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think you should get some black dd bullits ....
:dancing6: :banana: :dancing6:

ryclef331

Reaction score
Oh you mean black dd bullits...like...this?

bullits0014du.jpg

again...mustang bolt pattern is different BUT they fit with these....

frontadapter2ps.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell