So how do you burnout??

G

GREG@SN95

this is how ya do a burn out >:D

[attachment deleted by admin]

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
hmm..i just step on the gas and leave such a huge smoke cloud from the close to 200 RWHP!!!!!!!!!1 my 96 NPI Engine is putting out.....

seriously...i barely have to touch the gas while holding the brake and they will spin like crazy.....ill post a decent burnout video on here soon...

SonicStang

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
I put my foot sidways across gas and brake, with other foot on clutch, rev it to about 3500 then let the clutch out and push like 50% gas 25% brake. looks good when people are watching, doesnt do that thud or lunge forward for the split second, looks like I have linelock heh.

+1 doing it the same way.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Nacho said:
was it a one wheel peel? if so, that may be why.
dont think soo. i have 3.73's in the stock 8.8 it may be but everytime i take off its two marks.

ryclef331

Reaction score
The other way is get up to like 45-50mph, arm the spray, drop the clutch and punch. It'll set it sideways pretty decent from there. It doesn't really accomplish much but it sure scares the fuck out people.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
The other way is get up to like 45-50mph, arm the spray, drop the clutch and punch. It'll set it sideways pretty decent from there. It doesn't really accomplish much but it sure scares the fuck out people.

that sounds dangerous....but i like it

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
Yeah I think everyone has there own technique. I personally rev it up and drop the hammer. My buddy did his first burn out tonight and thinks he's the shit now. I slapped him in the back of the head and told him he needed not to launch 50 feet before burning out thought lol

Rantheman

Reaction score
I had a buddy that in his old toyata celica he would go in reverse then put it in first and dump the clutch while still rolling backwards :eek:utofcloset:

GDawg

Reaction score
I remember when I first bought this stang (I had an auto v6 pony before but not for long), a buddy of mine said, "Light her up..." I didn't know what he meant... duh. The first time I tried, it was pitiful. I dumped the clutch at low rpms and you know we have nothing at low rpms. I worked on it till I got to the point of doing (what I call) a "wheel stand" (in other words, I can dump the clutch, maybe move forward a few inches but hold her there while smoking the tires) and I learned to just take off fast as hell while breaking them loose from start to shifting into second and sometimes shifting into third. I used to live by a famous street racing blvd in Vegas (Hollywood Blvd) and I would do some massive launches that were impressive. I would break loose on the first three gears.

Looking forward to buying a camcorder for this summer's races at Bandimere. I plan on getting a set of cheap tires and wheels just for burn out competitions.

No such thing as a burn out with my F1s. They are way too sticky.

ryclef331

Reaction score
GDawg said:

If you think for a second an Eagle F1 is sticky, either something is wrong with you car, or you've only drive on the street. When I ran 13's I'd boil those tires...

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
i never done a burnout in any car... because i have no idea how to do it. (ignores thread... its cost money (tire tread) to burnout lol and im broke) :angel:

rgs

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
GDawg said:

If you think for a second an Eagle F1 is sticky, either something is wrong with you car, or you've only drive on the street. When I ran 13's I'd boil those tires...

+1

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
what tire do you think leaves the blackest marks? Its def. not Falken Ziex, i roast the shit outta those and there is like a fading mark

ALITL8

Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
what tire do you think leaves the blackest marks? Its def. not Falken Ziex, i roast the shit outta those and there is like a fading mark

SLICKS LOL

97blackgt

Reaction score
I have Hankook Ventus II on mine car (didnt get the new tires and rims on yet) and they are they same way..just leave a faint black mark :nonono:

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
when i first got the car it had nittos (cracked and almost bald) and a falken ziex on the back, i did a burnout and the nittos are so much darker and dont fade off, it looks weird when you look at the burnout one is longer and darker than the other lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online