So how do you burnout??

97blackgt

Reaction score
any difference performance wise between the falken and the nitto?

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
nittos grip alot better, as soon as i kill the back tires (falkens) im going back to nittos

97blackgt

Reaction score
I just got new tires, and they are cheapies but its all i could afford. Besides its not like i have enough power where i can break them loose too bad, however i havent been to the track. Our local track has no prep work done so i think its pretty slippery, so i prolly wont hook up too good when i do finally get out there to race.

ALITL8

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
any difference performance wise between the falken and the nitto?

street tires vs. drag radials, thats really like comparing apples to oranges... theyre 2 different types of tire :dunno:

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I'm not a big burnout guy, in fact I've only spun the wheels a little bit like 3 or 4 times since I bought it 8 months ago. :-[

My car is babied :ass3:

ALITL8

Reaction score
Red96GT said:
I'm not a big burnout guy, in fact I've only spun the wheels a little bit like 3 or 4 times since I bought it 8 months ago. :-[

chicken!!! ive got 167 thousand "driven" miles on my baby O0

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
Red96GT said:

chicken!!! ive got 167 thousand "driven" miles on my baby O0

33,000 right now.... :angel:

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
Red96GT said:
33,000 right now.... :angel:

you dont like to drive? maybe you need to watch this O0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y8u_LJkymg

I love my car but driving around where I live isn't real fun. We've got some nice country roads but they've all got telephone poles 12 inches from the road. One mistake and it's over. :-[ The rest is stop and go light city driving. :lame:

smasher41

Reaction score
All I can get out of my 98 gt is a one wheel peel?

Someone mentioned there may be somthing up with my diff. its a limited slip diff.

Anyone got an idea?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
sounds like the clutches in the ls need to be replaced. Fairly common issue

GDawg

Reaction score
rgs said:
ryclef331 said:
GDawg said:
No such thing as a burn out with my F1s. They are way too sticky.

If you think for a second an Eagle F1 is sticky, either something is wrong with you car, or you've only drive on the street. When I ran 13's I'd boil those tires...

+1

Actually you are probably right. I haven't had a chance to do a burn out since I put in this SC. But NA I couldn't smoke them the way I could my old Gatorbacks and Kumhos. This SC hasn't seen more the 20 miles actual road time. My clutch went out then winter hit.

Yellow94gt

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
I pump the brakes a couple times, "turn on my fog lights,"put it in 2nd, rev and come off the clutch and start the burnout....

(line lock is triggered by the fog light switch) O0

Before the install, its just about having quick feet. Rev, dump the clutch, hurry onto the brake with the left foot, find that sweet spot where it doesn't creep forward but doesn't bog the motor....and hold.

I wanted to do that same thing... how did you wire the foglight switch to your linelock?

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
burnouts were cool a long time ago. they only thing they do is waste money in tires. they are fun at times and look cool.

Yellow94gt

Reaction score
fastgtfairlane said:
burnouts were cool a long time ago. they only thing they do is waste money in tires. they are fun at times and look cool.

Unless you're at the track... but dammit nothing gets my blood running more than a bigass smoky rollout burnout.

GDawg

Reaction score
Funny how this has come back from the dead...

When I first posted in this thread, I couldn't get a good burnout from my F1s... too sticky. Now that I have a SC, I can easily break them loose. I found that out at the track. Now I'm looking at an ET Drag Radial and 10.5" rear wheels....

blown98gt

Reaction score
+1 first time is a hooker...

and agreed, heal+toe method.. i've always used this method

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online

No members online now.