So how do you burnout??

jpajkos

Reaction score
A buddy of mine asked me today. "Dude how do you burn out with a manual?" I really couldn't answer it on my technique. It was hard for me to explain but when I showed him he got it instantly. So I know everyone has there own way of doing it. Auto's are the easiest but guys with manuals whats your technique? I thought it would be a fun topic to talk about.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
punch the gas, then let out the clutch, then get on the brake with my left foot. 8)

ryclef331

Reaction score
I pump the brakes a couple times, "turn on my fog lights,"put it in 2nd, rev and come off the clutch and start the burnout....

(line lock is triggered by the fog light switch) O0

Before the install, its just about having quick feet. Rev, dump the clutch, hurry onto the brake with the left foot, find that sweet spot where it doesn't creep forward but doesn't bog the motor....and hold.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I put my foot sidways across gas and brake, with other foot on clutch, rev it to about 3500 then let the clutch out and push like 50% gas 25% brake. looks good when people are watching, doesnt do that thud or lunge forward for the split second, looks like I have linelock heh.

Downshift

Reaction score
Heel+Toe it. Gas foot accross both brake and gas and start letting out the clutch normal and give her some good gas. Jessie who the hell askedy you this lol?

S

scarface

5.0wned said:
Heel+Toe it. Gas foot accross both brake and gas and start letting out the clutch normal and give her some good gas. Jessie who the hell askedy you this lol?
+ 1

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
5.0wned said:
+ 1

+2 although I never do it unless im at the track

Nacho

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
I put my foot sidways across gas and brake, with other foot on clutch, rev it to about 3500 then let the clutch out and push like 50% gas 25% brake. looks good when people are watching, doesnt do that thud or lunge forward for the split second, looks like I have linelock heh.

This is exactly the way I do it.

Downshift

Reaction score
scarface said:
IVe never done a burnout in this stang :)
:rant: Crimes against all stanghood. Haha get a fat one going and get a video of it lol.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
IVe never done a burnout in this stang :)
i have tried once and the read end of the stang started sliding to the left almost going a full 90*..anyone know why?

Nacho

Reaction score
was it a one wheel peel? if so, that may be why.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Flip the toggle switch to "on", step on the brake, activate the line-lock button, release my foot off the brake,

LET HER RIP :banana:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I havent done a a real good burnout since i got the stang (may of last year). I have spun the shit out of the tires (never held the brake to do a burnout). Since i am planning on getting some nitrous i figure i will need to get some better tires if i even want to have any kind of traction (got 255 bfg kdw's which do great for now). Maybe ill go burn these up so i can get some new rims and some meats on the back :naughty:

GDawg

Reaction score
Only "burn outs" on a set of tires that I'm willing to smoke. I had a Honda in Vegas down Sahara do a small burn out while waiting on a red light. After he was done, I smoked them to the point of smoking out the visibility of the entire Avenue. They were some Kumhos... won't do it to my F1s.

I smoked the Honda and everyone else close to us.

Period.

G_94_T

Reaction score
rgs said:
wtf is a burnout?

im not positive,but i think it has something to do with the rear tires spinning and maybe something catching on fire,hence the term "burnout"........

G

GREG@SN95

5.0wned said:

thats how its done

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010