So I bought a Lightning.... again

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
The freaking bug is trying to get me .....im withholding any modifications until both cars are running good. (best sides tires)

Anywho It came with some guages Xtune Carbon Fiber.

https://sites.google.com/site/autom...-air-fuel-ratio-gauge-52mm-carbon-performance

I had never heard of them and this is one of the first site that pulled up. I think they used google translate lol. English isnt my first language so i cut a lot of slack to people and am far from a grammar nazi.

Anywho enjoy that little bit of the internet peace.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
internet peace? I have not heard of the gauge either but there is no way I would give any CC or financial info to a site that looked like that. Looks like it was made in one of the finest Nigerian sweatshops.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
internet peace? I have not heard of the gauge either but there is no way I would give any CC or financial info to a site that looked like that. Looks like it was made in one of the finest Nigerian sweatshops.

lolz. I've never heard of them either.

OP
OP
D3VST8R96GT

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
There will always be another KB :)

Exactly

The old L. Had a KB was fun.... dont miss it though it was a nightmare..... gremlins from the previous owner bought good parts but just never acted right. it was a 2003, paid too much for it.

New one.... didnt pay much for it has 107k on it... no radio needs tires, and paint is crappy. its a 2000

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My suggestion is make it nicer first. On my Mustang, I bought a POS with the intention of working it over and making it a track car. Because of this, I focused almost exclusively on "handle better" stuff - suspension, brakes, steering, etc. I spent almost no time on making it look nice, inside or out. I regretted that decision. I sometimes drive the car on the street - while it's fun-ish to drive on the street, I find myself annoyed at the crappiness of the exterior and interior. I am now working on fixing that. If I had to do it over again, I would have spent more time on the appearance.

So I say get it looking nicer. That will make it more enjoyable to work on to make it faster, as well as drive.

OP
OP
D3VST8R96GT

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Ok only mod i have planned before christmas is head lights and taillights.... maybe remove the stripes and plasti dip the hood black.

Tuner should be here today, i need to find my MAFia.
and i need to order tires next week. Going with M/T street comps. 360 for a set shipped to my door. another 60 to mount and balance them.

As for the looks. I dont think this truck will ever be a good looker.... After the cars are done its gonna go lower and a cheap maaco paint job lol.

Mustangs first! The point behind this truck was to have a vehicle that can move parts (not my wifes edge or the DD). People want crazy money for rangers here and i didnt want a Big Diesel Truck Payment, though i really wanted a diesel again.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I want a red 03.

Hopefully the 2000 is healthy and doesn't get the spark plug cough.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
If the tires aren't in terrible shape I may be interested in them. I need a set to put on my Lightning wheels for my 93 truck so I can roll it around the shop.

OP
OP
D3VST8R96GT

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
I'm doing 01-04 tail lights black instead of chrome (alteeza looking ones) I can't find the tinted led tails for a good price

The rears are low.... not showing chord but well past safe. The fronts have a good amount of tread left they are 255/55r18 falkens I the the 453s if I recall correctly.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Huh huh....you're gonna throw a rod...lol.

if it were me with the truck and the engine is stock....I would do nothing for improving power. First step would be replacing the rods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
litelmac

Members online