so i had problems closing my hood, found this bent bar

steam29

Reaction score
so i finally found the problem thanks to my father we had come to the conclusion that the hook was to low to grab the hood so we looked and found this,

so we took it off and i guess "re-straightend"(stepped on it) it and that made it close a whole lot easier ! but that was temporary fix, would any one know where to buy a replacement ? or should i just re straighten it better ?

its located right under the latch, you cant miss it ( not shown in picture)

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
your best bet is a salvage yard, or you can make one if you have some fab skills...

Mustanger

Reaction score
That's the prop rod! I have mine somewhere you could have for shipping only...if I can find it.

JKady

Reaction score
That's the prop rod! I have mine somewhere you could have for shipping only...if I can find it.
Uh, looks the the tubular brace for the hood latch actually. I've got one kicking around too you can have.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
prop rod my ass that is the bar that goes from the hood latch to the core support. Its supposed to be bent

Addermk2

Reaction score
so i finally found the problem thanks to my father we had come to the conclusion that the hook was to low to grab the hood so we looked and found this,

so we took it off and i guess "re-straightend"(stepped on it) it and that made it close a whole lot easier ! but that was temporary fix, would any one know where to buy a replacement ? or should i just re straighten it better ?

That rod is supposed to be bent. Next time you should ask first.

7dd49a02d6f4b65cce11850683b54f21.jpg

prop rod my ass that is the bar that goes from the hood latch to the core support. Its supposed to be bent

OP
OP
steam29

steam29

Reaction score
coool i would like to take it off your hands if your sure you don't need it i would just have to ask first

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online