SO i may be running KB at the track this weekend HELP

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ok here is the vid that shows the track attendant that holds the cars in place while they are doing the burnout. I should note he holds the car while its in one spot, as soon as the car starts forward movemnet he lets go........yea the quality sucks, I recorded it off my TV onto my wifes camera :nonono:

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s35.photobucket.com/player.s.../d191/980blackmagic/racevids001.flv"></embed>

and just for kicks here is my 91 GT wayyyy back before my mods :naughty: all it had was Mac longtube headers / off road h / Mac exhaust / 373 gears/ hurst shifter and the stock 100,00 mile 10 year old motor. I had the new motor and stuff put in about 2 years after this vid. Oh yea when you hear the guy say " all right chris you know how to do it" hes talking about the car in the other lane, my friend that later bought my car from me. He was in his 92 in the vid and that was his FIRST TIME on he strip

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s35.photobucket.com/player.s.../d191/980blackmagic/racevids002.flv"></embed>

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Brian is such a NEWB at posting its pathetic! lol

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
so have you checked out your track rules yet? you know you have to where a helmet...and if they are strict you are gonna need a DSL to run DRs

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
19mustang96 said:
so have you checked out your track rules yet? you know you have to where a helmet...and if they are strict you are gonna need a DSL to run DRs

our locals dont require a helmet for cars SLOWER than a 8.30............hmm Paul you may only get to make one pass :D

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Fets said:

why?

Snakebit said:
<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s35.photobucket.com/player.s.../d191/980blackmagic/racevids001.flv"></embed>

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s35.photobucket.com/player.s.../d191/980blackmagic/racevids002.flv"></embed>

:p

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
we will have to agree to disagree on the tires, I think a strong burnout is needed to heat them properly........and I think he will run faster than a high 13. He should be no slower than a 13.30 or so. With 300 rwhp and 380tq.........how the hell can he not be?

I agree that some heat is needed,esp with a drag radial,but less is more in some cases....my Nitto drags use to get sloppy after a few seconds,just like stated before about glazing the tire. My main reason for suggesting less of a burn is that his 1.5 compressor heat soaks so fast,and it will kill his times if he spends too much time in the box. Again,I never said High 13's......I said he would be anywhere from High 12's to mid 13's......and if he was running a 28" slick,he would see mid to high 12's all day long. Kb's are a PITA to get out of the hole,esp without slicks......it's going to take some practice,that's all.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fets said:
Snakebit said:
Fets said:

why?

Snakebit said:

:p

thats the only way I could post them from my photobucket :dunno: the other two tags allow you guys to see ALL MY STUFF on my photobucket :D :D and thats NOT goig to happen ^-^

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
just go to your settings in photobucket and change the albums from "Public" to "Private"...oh btw, I already seen your photobucket pics haha :)

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Id definately get ahold of some track rules before you go out there and get booted. I know the 2 around me (1/4) require a helmet and you have to have a driveshaft safety loop if you have slicks (i dont remember if you have slicks or not)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fets said:
just go to your settings in photobucket and change the albums from "Public" to "Private"...oh btw, I already seen your photobucket pics haha :)

Ok done, so did you see my plans for taking over the internet ;D

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
No, but I did see some gorgeous red-headed gal ;D :naughty:

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i got ya, i have never had anyone hold my car in place.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
Id definately get ahold of some track rules before you go out there and get booted. I know the 2 around me (1/4) require a helmet and you have to have a driveshaft safety loop if you have slicks (i dont remember if you have slicks or not)

yeah, he has DRs...a DSL is only like $35, so its not gonns break the bank and it will save you money(and lives too) in the long run if you happen to snap your driveshaft. My track is pretty lazy about tech inspection, so i could have run my DRs, but i chose to be safe and get a loop before i run with DRs. But you do have to pull out your front seats and roll back the caret and drill a few holes to put in the DSL

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Id get a driveshaft loop if you have drs. Thats just an accident waiting to happen that will cause some major damage. I guess it depends on the track but it would be a pain in the ass to take the time and get all excited to goto the strip then go there and not pass tech because of no driveshaft loop

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
It all depends on how hard your track pushes its codes / rules. Coastal Plains in Jacksonville does enforce the law pretty hard, but Harrell's race way in Harrell's NC doesn't push them hard on street cars. So it will be up to the track officials,..........but you want to be safe first and foremost so use your head.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
from what i know is your allowed one run before they do anything..i dont know the times and if you run this time you need this crap, but im sure i can at least get one in. i think.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I havent ran my car at the strip yet ( i will come this spring), but i assume they atleast look it over before you make your first run. Then they go over it and look for specific things depending on how fast you run.

You still thinking of putting a 75 dry shot to it paul?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
I havent ran my car at the strip yet ( i will come this spring), but i assume they atleast look it over before you make your first run. Then they go over it and look for specific things depending on how fast you run.

You still thinking of putting a 75 dry shot to it paul?

yeah, they do a slight look over of the car when they are tagging your window with a number...and if he wants a 75 dry shot, he should buy my nitrous kit, and i may be able to get him a nozzle for it. pwease

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.