SO i may be running KB at the track this weekend HELP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
What do yall think? should i be able to match brians time of 7.9? do i drive thru the waterbox and do a burnout in the box? or drive around? im confused about that.... what do yall think i should launch at?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
What do yall think? should i be able to match brians time of 7.9? do i drive thru the waterbox and do a burnout in the box? or drive around? im confused about that.... what do yall think i should launch at?

You have the power to do it for sure, you have probally 60 more foot pounds of tq than I do, although I do have about 20 more hp I think. Are you going to run on Drag Radials or slicks? For the Dragradials DO NOT go into the box, drop the air to around 13 pounds and get a LONG strong burn out.

I cant remember what I came off the line at, I want to say around 2 and a half or 3 maybe :dunno: My car launch's hard with the 4:30's and some rpm it gets moving in a hurry. You should have great launches too with that damn tq from the KB

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
so stay out of the water do a 10 sec burn. and maybe launch at 3K

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
so stay out of the water do a 10 sec burn. and maybe launch at 3K

Yea thats what I would do, play with your rpm. On the first one try 3 and go from there, also let your car cool down when you first get to the track before you make your first pass. Dont forget to take all your crap out of your car, and any thing thats in the trunk.....jack/ spare/ speakers whatever. Plus going with less than a quarter tank of gas would be good to. Check your air filter and oil before you go.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
shit if i get vids my luck

a. i run shitti times
b. i mess up

if i dont do vids

a. i run unbelievable times
b. i never mess up

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
you'll still be my fav KBer no matter what times you get lol :banana: :banana:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
shit if i get vids my luck

a. i run shitti times
b. i mess up

if i dont do vids

a. i run unbelievable times
b. i never mess up

gotta get vids Paul, I have wanted to see one of your car running since I first met you. Is Trey going with you, he running his too?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fets said:
you'll still be my fav KBer no matter what times you get lol :banana: :banana:

I think he will do fine, if the air down there is cool / tracks in good prep / and Paul can drive VERY GOOD he should see some Low 8's at the least if not brush the 7's. Its not like 8.0's are THAT FAST, thats only a mid 12 in the quarter. Its just something a large majority of stangs dont do. Every time we go there is always a ass load of mid 8 to mid 9 second cars, and a hand full of low 8 to 7 second cars.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i may see if trey wants to go, im going with my best friends srt4 club lol.

if i get in the 7's i will be estatic. #1 cause thats pretty quick for a 95 gt. #2 Tony my buddy with a pewter t/a with 400HP only ran a 8.1 i believe. so it would be unbelievable to get faster than that.

i found out an evo i raced from a roll (when i had heating issues and on my 245's) first race i beat him by 2 lengths, 2nd race he spooled up the turbo and beat me by 3 cars. well he ran a 11.7 in the 1/4. So if i have beat a stock c5 vette on 245 street tires from a dig and beat him by 5 lengths i should be in the 12's now...i hope

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
well good luck Paul, I hope you get 7s..........but if you dont, please dont come back and say your going to sell the Green machine again :hammer:

Just kidding bud :D, drive it like you stole it and put those skittles to shame 8)

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
well good luck Paul, I hope you get 7s..........but if you dont, please dont come back and say your going to sell the Green machine again :hammer:

Just kidding bud :D, drive it like you stole it and put those skittles to shame 8)
we will see if you have been on SVTP latley there is a vid in the pics and videos of a SRT4 racing a C6 z06 and a c5 z06 and the srt4 makes 792HP and he lives in dallas. :eek:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Snakebit said:

I just thought of something, I wonder if sea level would affect times from over in Texas from here in NC on the coast :dunno:

Hellion94

Reaction score
NEVER do a 10 sec burnout...at the track at least.

TOTALLY pointless. just go around the water, back up to the edge of it (have a friend help you) Then spin them a little.

Roll forward, drop the clutch in first, or second if you can, and just get some good smoke out of it. just make sure the smake is coming out good, then roll out of the burnout under power. That'll make sure you don't get any water on the tires, sometimes it gets drug out of the waterbox and makes its way farther out onto the track surface. but no more than 5 seconds of burnout is needed. trust me. After that the oils in the tires will start to come up due to the heat, and make your tires more slippery.

then rev it up to 2500, dump the clutch at the lights and then hold it at like half throttle for a moment, and then give it hell when you think it will hook. And don't let up on the gas pedal.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
Snakebit said:

we will see if you have been on SVTP latley there is a vid in the pics and videos of a SRT4 racing a C6 z06 and a c5 z06 and the srt4 makes 792HP and he lives in dallas. :eek:

you might want to hide from that one
hide.gif

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I wanna see your car squatting like a little bitch all the way down the lane! if not, dont even bother posting pics/vids up :p

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Fets said:
I wanna see your car squatting like a little bitch all the way down the lane! if not, dont even bother posting pics/vids up :p

No pressure KB! ;)

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
NEVER do a 10 sec burnout...at the track at least.

TOTALLY pointless. just go around the water, back up to the edge of it (have a friend help you) Then spin them a little.

Roll forward, drop the clutch in first, or second if you can, and just get some good smoke out of it. just make sure the smake is coming out good, then roll out of the burnout under power. That'll make sure you don't get any water on the tires, sometimes it gets drug out of the waterbox and makes its way farther out onto the track surface. but no more than 5 seconds of burnout is needed. trust me. After that the oils in the tires will start to come up due to the heat, and make your tires more slippery.

then rev it up to 2500, dump the clutch at the lights and then hold it at like half throttle for a moment, and then give it hell when you think it will hook. And don't let up on the gas pedal.
well heres where im nervous, the only time i have tried to do a burnout in my car it was in 2nd and the ass end starting wondering to the left until i let off and i was pretty damn crooked on the street.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.