So im adding the bottle.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
After last night i have decided with my tax return check i may go bottle. Im still trying to figure out Wet or Dry...anyone care to take me to school? I heard if i went 75 shot dr i could see 100HP+. there is one guy running a similar setup to me and he put on a wet kit and gained 150...what yall think

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i think after a few hits, itll be time to save up for that 331 you've been talkin about. O0 O0

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
umm do you have forged internals? you might wanna do that before adding nitrous to your blower...nitrous is hard enough on a motor by itself, but add the boost from the KB and you might see some problems.

but as for wet or dry, personally i would go wet, but most people i have seen that run nitrous with a blower run dry. but usually those are 50-75 shots. but make sure you get an awesome dynotune for the stuff...

94twinscrew

Reaction score
A dry 50 shot,with proper fuel and tune,and you'll be safe.......this has been done for years on 5.0 kbs,go on the corral and do a search for it. A 50 shot,will net you an additional 70hp,with another 60-80 of torque.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
a 50 shot would be pretty nice i bet. I was always under the impression that you wanted to go dry w/ sc's but if it is ok to go wet i would definately go wet over a dry shot.

I cant wait for my n2o
2523014091.gif

97blackgt

Reaction score
can anyone tell me the difference between a wet and dry shot?

wet shot=mixed with fuel before being dumped into the cylinder?

dry shot=not mixed with fuel?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
wet shot adds the fuel with the nitrous in the nozzle, dry shot bumps the fuel pressure and the extra fuel is put in the cylinder through the fuel injectors

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ya, Meangreen's got it right.

typically the dry shot is injected in front of the MAF, it cools the sensor and the computer adds more fuel.
Wet shoots in the NOS and fuel at the same time, usually closer to the TB.

Either way, your fuel pump has to be able to keep up with the extra fule needed.

I'd say go wet KB, but either should work. how much can your bottom end/block take?

I'd also recommend you test fire the NOS throught the manifold when it's not on the motor.
the 302 IM's are known to not disperse the gas through to every runner, you may have to mess with the nozzle placement.

I'm stoked to run mine when I get it back. I'll be like a kid at xmas, learning to drive all over again. :)

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
shoot i want to go faster, that TT G35 i raced was too close (i beat him by 3 cars) i want to be able to start taking down some big boys, im tired of playing with vettes etc. I want to play with ported eaton cobras and KB termys.

im not sure how much the stock bottom end can take...anyone know?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
shoot i want to go faster, that TT G35 i raced was too close (i beat him by 3 cars) i want to be able to start taking down some big boys, im tired of playing with vettes etc. I want to play with ported eaton cobras and KB termys.

im not sure how much the stock bottom end can take...anyone know?

your at 300rwhp now, I dont think I would take it over 375-400 :(

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
50 shot dry...i have done alot of reading on this especially with Terminator owners and most don't run the wet because having the fuel go through the blower is supposed to be bad.

I'm gonna run a 75-100 shot dry through mine at the track but i have a forged rotating assembly and will have a seperate tune on the switch chip.

Hicks

Reaction score
dude your going to fly!! lol

Fly liek an eagle!! lala... yea.. n hoo

TheBab

Reaction score
I eventually want to add a 100 shot to my Vortech... just to see how close to 10.XX I can get... :dancing6:

Not sure when I will... probably NEXT year...

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
50 shot dry...i have done alot of reading on this especially with Terminator owners and most don't run the wet because having the fuel go through the blower is supposed to be bad.

I'm gonna run a 75-100 shot dry through mine at the track but i have a forged rotating assembly and will have a seperate tune on the switch chip.

roger that.

Is the fuel bad on the blower seals or something?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
DropTopPony said:

roger that.

Is the fuel bad on the blower seals or something?

From what i read its bad for the rotors on the Eatons and Twin Screws... :dunno:

97blackgt

Reaction score
so on a completly stock engine..with just an up graded fuel and spark system...which would be safer wet of dry shot..or is it all preference?

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I'm doing a wet shot on mine . . . cause low nines aren't fast enough.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.