So im getting a new block :)

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
First, there was any mention of what "type" of cars we were talking about.

Second, the guy with the vert drove the car to work, to and from the track, and on cruises. It was perfectly streetable, it just had a choppy idle. Not only that, it passed Arizona emissions with a big cam. (Large custom cam 236/242 @ .050, .555/.576, 109 LSA)

Third, my very good friend here in Phoenix (also named Paul actually) took the top end of his 355 ci stroker and put it on a 306 when his stroker let go. It still ran 113 mph in a fox GT, and he drove it to work 18 miles each day. It also passed emissions.

Just because not everyone does it does not mean it's not possible.
Paul.

slow96mystic

Reaction score
I think Paul was talking about daily drivers too. There are a million daily driver mustangs in my area that run11's and several in the 10's. Cam specs for a stock-blocked 306 don't mean shit unless you're building a factory stock car. As far as the block work counting as modifications, it MIGHT unshroud the valves and make a LITTLE more power. the bolt-ons make the difference.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Any motor can be made to have more power depending on the amount of money you want to dump in it there are people who put thousands in just port work. You can also gear car to run faster because 11 @ 113 is nice but try 11 @123. everyone does things different. Out of the box stuff is generally going to run those numbers.

slow96mystic

Reaction score
You're right. Let's just summarize and say that with a 5.0 mustang it's all been done before. Why does it seem that a lot of people come on this site asking very BASIC questions about their car and then talk shit to people that give them their 2 cents? We all started off not feeling comfortable with some of the "simple shit" and went through the whole learning process, so I understand wanting help. I just can't imagine starting this thread and making some of the questionable comments in it and then running my mouth. I'm only 26, but I guess i'm a little old school.

Sorry about the rant, but i've seen A LOT more of that shit here than on other sites. If this site wasn't geared for the type of mustang that I own I'd probably check out the corral or my local racing forum instead of this.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
This is actually a very good site on another site a person can get banned for posting an opinion to an older member. Paul just likes to bring in a different point of view but at this site all view can be expressed without problems.

slow96mystic

Reaction score
I've seen Paul post in several other threads and don't have a problem with him. He's just not afraid to call bullshit on something if it doesn't sound right. I was actually referring to the site in general. I like it, but as far as technical info goes I think other sites are a little more helpful. This seems like it's more the place to "hang out" and post pics of cars and shit. I've seen ten times more pics of sn95's on this site than anywhere else and actually used that to figure what wheels i'm putting on my Cobra next. The Cobra R's are getting a little :lame:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.